cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 Kia Optima SX-L Lease offer... What would be good?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

2013 Kia Optima SX-L Lease offer... What would be good?

The offer is 2013 SX-L for $299/36 Month $5500ish down, which is about $2400 Customer and the rest incentives and dealership if I am reading the fine print correctly!

I want this for about $300 WITH TAX AND NO MONEY DOWN... Is this possible?

I REQUIRE having the Navigation and back up camera!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Cellice
Regular Contributor

Re: 2013 Kia Optima SX-L Lease offer... What would be good?

No, you cannot get that sort of deal on that vehicle. That model was just released and a Kia does not have a LARGE amount of wiggle room. If your offer is $300 with 5500 down that means you are asking the dealership to lower the price of the car 5K to get you what you want. That doesn't make sense. A luxury car might have that type of wiggle room but a Kia certainly does not.

I would never pay 35K for a Kia. 

Message 2 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Cellice wrote:

No, you cannot get that sort of deal on that vehicle. That model was just released and a Kia does not have a LARGE amount of wiggle room. If your offer is $300 with 5500 down that means you are asking the dealership to lower the price of the car 5K to get you what you want. That doesn't make sense. A luxury car might have that type of wiggle room but a Kia certainly does not.

I would never pay 35K for a Kia. 

Couple things to clear up:

1. How does me putting money down make them (Any Car Company) reduce the price of the car? (I mean it reduces the total price I am leasing or financing, but it's not a reduction write off for them?)

2.  I am not putting $5500 down (The sales ad from this dealership) is: $1000 Kia rebate, $1500 Comparible car reduction (wording is wrong and it's something I have only seen since leasing in CA, they give you $1000-$1500 typically if you show registration or trade a different make to come to them, for most it's trade a luxury for a different luxury, Kia is a little lower on the list then Mercedes so my Honda counts!) and then it is $2995 from me) for the $5500.

3.  I would have never thought I would pay $35 for a Kia either, and still I would prefer a Lexus or something but the fact is this limited has options you have to pay THOUSANDS to get in other cars and some are not even options like in my partners Infiniti G37 (Heat and Cool Seats, think it's M model before you can get cool seats, heating and auto fold mirrors (not a G option) not to mention repair package, the list goes on)

Hope this helps...

Message 3 of 12
Whereis750
Regular Contributor

Creditaddict - the 2013 Kia Optima SX is a beautiful car.  DW and I just test drove over the weekend, we were in the Turbo edition.  I was blown away - felt like a luxury sports car.  Hope you get what you're looking for.

p.s. 2013 Optima is not your mama's Kia .... They've brought in engineers/designers from Audi and are really working hard on putting out quality products with UNBEATEN warranties.

Message 4 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Whereis750 wrote:

Creditaddict - the 2013 Kia Optima SX is a beatiful car.  DW and I just test drove over the weekend, we were in the Turbo edition.  I was blown away - felt like a luxury sports car.  Hope you get what you're looking for.

p.s. 2013 Optima is not your mama's Kia .... They've brought in engineers/designers from Audi and are really working hard on putting out quality products with UNBEATEN warranties.

YES YES... I think when people think Kia they think more like I did before commercials and that's the Rio - and it's a horrible stereo-type but it was true so that's all i got, a friends family member took her taxes based on welfare and kids of $8k and paid cash for a Rio.

They have come SO FAR, especially if you get into the SX w/Turbo, it's 263HP and when you get up in the loaded models it has features that are not on infiniti until you jump into M class... I have posted over and over so won't but glad someone else chimed in with experience.

whereis you decide not to get it?

what else you looking at?

Message 5 of 12
Whereis750
Regular Contributor

We just started our car search so didn’t pull the trigger yet – want to compare inventory at several dealers in our area first.  We were looking at an Accord and Fusion but these two cannot beat all that Kia is offering:  more features/options for lower price, better warranties, and the Kia $1000 competition discount.  Now just working on finding the best dealership with the best price – I’ll give you an example.  Same exact 2013 Kia – we looked at 2 different dealerships in our area on either side of town, and the negotiated price difference was $2000 between the two (same sticker price).  So as far as “wiggle” room on price  – based on this weekend’s experience, I feel that there is plenty of negotiation that can be had with this car.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cellice is saying that by asking for $0 down to get to the same payment as with $2995 from you, you are asking the dealership to knock $2995 off the cap cost (purchase price) of the car.

Kia does not have those kinds of margins so that is not going to happen. They wouldn't sell you the car for that, so they're not going to lease you the car for that. 

Part of why you get so many features for the price is because they have about $1k of float on a fully loaded model. On the new Rio, it's only about $400. There's just not $3k of room in the car to get you where you want to be.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought a 2012 kia optima ex, non turbo, in June of this year. It's a great running, gorgeous to look at, feature packed car. my boyfriend drives a 2000 Audi a6, its in condition because he's a car nut. I love my kia just as much, if not more, than the Audi. And the kia was a far better deal. I live in Oregon so I don't pay sales tax- 25900 out the door, 3k down. Has premium, technology, wheel locks, all weather mats and rear bumper decal. Backup camera, power folding mirrors, auto dimming rear view mirror, big beautiful nav. And media screen, steering wheel phone, voice and media controls, heated and ac seats, 8 point adjustable drivers seat, seat memory (2), heated rear seats, panoramic sunroof, heated leather wrapped steering wheel, leather seats. The list goes on and on. Plus, the warranty is kick ass. I love my car and I would highly recommend the optimas to anyone looking for a lot of features
Message 8 of 12
bellrod44
Contributor

Are you guys still impressed with the Kia Optima. I'm looking at a 2013 LX.

Cards in my wallet: BofA 1-2-3 Rewards - $3,000 (5/2012), Walmart - $350 (9/2012), Home Depot - $500 (10/2012), US Bank - $1,000 (11/2012)
Message 9 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

We leased a 2013 EX with every option except the Turbo.  The car is fantastic to drive, the luxuries out do what was in my Infiniti... The 4 Cyl. isn't to bad and probably wouldn't be nearly as disappointed if I hadn't just been driving an Infiniti... But its lack luster in that area but again I had a 4 cyl. Accord before and I would say this is about the same if not a little bit faster.  Keep in mind it's getting a makeover for 2014!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.