cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 day late for auto loan dispute process?

tag
1hardinquiry

30 day late for auto loan dispute process?

On my TU report through MyFico, I have a late payment showing from 11/2010 on my car loan. I recall way back to that time, I sent my payment on time, but the mail service had interrupted the arrival of the check to the bank. I remember trying to get it straightened out, but they offered to have me sign up for auto pay every month for a $75 charge, and I declined. I don't think they were even saying, "we'll remove the late fee is you sign up for auto payment", just offering it.

Is there a way to dispute the 30 day late from my bank for my auto loan way back in 11/2010 with no documentation that it was a mail delivery issue? I'd like to dispute it and have it removed to see a possible bump in score. Plus that's really my only BAD thing that could be giving me a lower score, except for my AaoA...Just almost 2 years.

How do I best go about a dispute for something like that? It shows on my TU but not on my freecreditreport.com EX report-not sure if that's because that version of my EX is not the REAL one, it only shows the last 24 months of payment history...while TU shows all payments and status.

I also have the contact info for the bank, but wanted to make sure I couldn't just dispute it online with TU?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
1hardinquiry

Re: 30 day late for auto loan dispute process?

Has NO ONE been through a dispute process for any type of credit??

Message 2 of 5
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

You can dispute it but if it keeps coming back confirmed they will not remove it. Keep in mind it may be removed when you dispute and it may reappear once it is confirmed.

You can try disputing and see where it gets you. If you are in the same boat since its confirmed then you will have to deal with the lender thats reporting it. Try sending GW letters and work your way up the chain of authority. No guaranty they will remove but nothing to lose to keep trying.

Good luck
Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 3 of 5
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@1hardinquiry wrote:

On my TU report through MyFico, I have a late payment showing from 11/2010 on my car loan. I recall way back to that time, I sent my payment on time, but the mail service had interrupted the arrival of the check to the bank. I remember trying to get it straightened out, but they offered to have me sign up for auto pay every month for a $75 charge, and I declined. I don't think they were even saying, "we'll remove the late fee is you sign up for auto payment", just offering it.

Is there a way to dispute the 30 day late from my bank for my auto loan way back in 11/2010 with no documentation that it was a mail delivery issue? I'd like to dispute it and have it removed to see a possible bump in score. Plus that's really my only BAD thing that could be giving me a lower score, except for my AaoA...Just almost 2 years.

How do I best go about a dispute for something like that? It shows on my TU but not on my freecreditreport.com EX report-not sure if that's because that version of my EX is not the REAL one, it only shows the last 24 months of payment history...while TU shows all payments and status.

I also have the contact info for the bank, but wanted to make sure I couldn't just dispute it online with TU?

I've never ordered from freecreditreport.com, but a lof of the 3d party reporting services will only show 24 months of history.  They usually have an option to click for more information on the account and it will tell you if you have any lates reporting.  Other than that, you can check your complete report at annualcreditreport.com to see whether it is reporting to EX.

Assuming it is not reporting to EX or EQ, and you dispute, you risk that they will start reporting to all 3.  Just an FYI.

I think you'll have more luck with a GW request than a dispute. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
princechristian
Regular Contributor

GW them to death! One 30 day late from over two years ago, I don't think is hurting your score that much, or if at all, but I could be wrong.

Revolvers: FP Gold $300, FP Platinum $300, Applied Bank Business $500, Kay Jewelers $500, Fingerhut $400, Gettington $300

Installers: KHEAA student loan, Dealer Funding LLC auto loan x2, Crescent Bank auto loan, Acceptance Loan Co personal loan x2

Negatives: 1 collection - 2010 $307, Auto lates - 2 30 days, 60 day, 2009 / 3 30 days, 60 day, 2012

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.