Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A navy fed 25k cc approval this morning, advice for auto loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

A navy fed 25k cc approval this morning, advice for auto loan

So I've been a navy fed member for a couple years, and never apped for any products. I haven't apped for any credit cards in a couple years either, so this morning I answered pre approvals from boa and navy and got $25k instant approvals on both. My scores were about 800 and I have 5 other cards ranging from 6k-35k. My youngest card was about 6 years old.
Anyways I was thinking of apping to navy on a used truck loan. How long do I have to app without another hard pull? And how should I apply to make the process easiest. I only want to spend 12k max unless I see a deal that is too good to pass up. I'm pretty certain I would get pre- approved for more than that. Do most people shoot for the moon when asking for loan amount and then possibly spend less, or does navy just approve you for up to a certain amount after the application is approved?
Thank you.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SoundoftheSuburbs
New Contributor

Re: A navy fed 25k cc approval this morning, advice for auto loan

I am definitely not the best person to answer this question, but I will give it a shot. Any lender is going to require another inquiry for any new application. A repeat inquiry is not a big deal in most cases. When shopping for a car and an auto loan, most people will figure out what they think that they can afford for a monthly payment and a downpayment and go from there. They will request a loan amount and terms that they feel most comfortable with. It is then up to the lender to decide what they want to approve them for. Many lenders have restrictions on their loans. For example, they'll only lend to purchase certain vehicles, and/or they'll only lend up to a certain amount. It is essential to find a lender that will finance what you want to buy before applying.

February 2023 FICO 8

Equifax - 546
TransUnion - 539
Experian - 563
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A navy fed 25k cc approval this morning, advice for auto loan

Thanks for the response. There is so much info on navy on this website. It makes it difficult to find answers to specific questions. I've read hundreds of posts and have drawn a couple conclusions.
1 Most posts
say pull happy and a new hp for every credit request.
2. I thought I read where some have gotten multiple products with 1 hp if they app in a certain amount of time, but I can't relocate the posts via searching because there's so much to search through.
So anyways I'm going to assume that if I app for a car loan, it will be a hp regardless of the one I just got on the cc. Thanks
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.