Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUTO LOAN SUGGESTIONS AND ADVICE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AUTO LOAN SUGGESTIONS AND ADVICE

I'm trying to get an 2018 Audi A6. Right now they are offering great deals to move the new 2018 that have not sold. Myfico scores are EQ-637, TU-680, EX-667. My salary is 92k a year plus 7% incentive. The issue is I just found out a few months ago a vehicle I am coborrower has 16 late payments which I never knew of. Once I found out I contacted the company and took over payments, which have been on time for the last 4 months.
My questions is can I get financed with this issue and who would be a good company to go to? My CU denied me, so after 10 years of never applying for a loan with them i get denied my first time, so it's time to move on.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AUTO LOAN SUGGESTIONS AND ADVICE

I am sory to hear about the lates.

Sadly I think you will have trouble getting a prime auto loan.

I am sure sub prime lenders will approve you.

Try things like Capital One Auto Navigator to see if you are pre-approved. 

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Forgot to add:

• Used car loans are easier to get approved for than a new car loan
  • Certified Pre-Owned Audi's come with a fantastic warranty often better than new.  I bought a 1 year old CPO A3 with 12,000 miles and have a 46 months unlimited mile warranty versus 48 months 50,000 mile warranty for new.
  • Don't forget while loan shopping is scarry when you see multiple inquiries racking up they truly only count as 1 for scoring.

Don't rule out a CPO.  I stand by that even if there were no score/financial limitations on you.  Maybe you really like the S6 but have the budget for an A6 but CPO an S6 might be the same price as a new A6....

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I will keep that in mind. I just tried the Cap1 auto navigator and got pre-qualified for a 2018 A6 plus. I don't know if the navigator is accurate, but I called Cap1 and they claim I just need to go in and show the dealer my pre-qual number and fill out the app. They and if my info matches what is on the pre-qual app I'm fine. The navigator shows 6.43% apr. and I don't have to show proof of employment. I just don't want to go to the dealership and they run my credit and then say " oh it's just a pre-qual, not an approval.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dnice2, that is exactly what I did and that's how it worked just last week.  It was smooth. 

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I picked up my car yesterday. Funny thing is I told the sales guy to only go through cap one, my alert went off from here and credit karma and showed they tried to go throw Audi finance first...smh. another weird thing is they showed me my EQ score was 609, but here its 637. Anyway, I got my car and I'm happy. Now I just want to concentrate on clearing up all negatives and break 700.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Dnice. I'M looking to get the cpo s6. Love the v8
😂
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are going to get killed on the interest. Either wait until you can get that score up or buy a cheaper car. You talk about Audi giving great deals but any money you save will be given right back plus in interest. If you cant pay cash you shouldn't be driving that car right now.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nah, I should be driving it.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.