cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on NFCU re-fi - UPDATED: Approved!

tag
NewbieReed
Frequent Contributor

Re: Advice on NFCU re-fi

Thanks for the response! 

Thats good info to know. 

Unfortunately, you lost me here..... What is this? It's all Greek to me.  i've never re-financed anything before so I'm a total newbie to this.... Filing a title lien to whom? I can deliver the payoff to my lender no problem. What is a title holding state? i'm guessing that this means that a customer can hold the physical title despite the lien.... time to google!  Smiley Happy

@webhopper wrote:

In march they pulled TU for a refi and in October they pulled EQ for a new car loan. the 250 shows up as a credit in your shares account... the car loans with nfcu are awesome... you can either pay from any of your nfcu accounts or you can set up an external transfer from another account. I faxed in all of the info they needed but you can probably send it all via secured message center. Pay stubs and w2s.

be prepared to file the title lien yourself and to take care of delivering the payoff to your current lender. Once you get the new title in listing navy as the new leinholder you either mail it in to them or keep it if you are in a title holding state.

Starting Score: 526 EXP 09/2012 600 FICO 10/2012 608 EX (lenderpull)11/2012
Current Score: 705 FICO TU (10/2014)Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 15
NewbieReed
Frequent Contributor

Update :  

I apped today and was approved with 6.49% over 72 months for the full amount (~12100$) . I dont know who they pulled yet or what my score is, but the rep is FedExing me the refi check for my lender and I should have it tomorrow, according to her. 

Message 12 of 15
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the great deal!

Message 13 of 15
NewbieReed
Frequent Contributor

@coreyb80 wrote:

Congrats on the great deal!

Thanks! I am very happy about this! It will cut my payment by more than 50%!!!! DTI is going way down and I'm able to save. Woohoo! 

Message 14 of 15
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.