Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ally Financial Advice?

tag
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Ally Financial Advice?

So I was just approved for a new car loan (my current car is on it's last legs, and I need a good solid truck for work), and because I'm obviously still rebuilding, I didn't get the best offers, but Ally was willing to finance me. I've read horror stories on google, but I've also read some positive stories on here. Soooooo what is the consensus? Any best tips? Can I make additional payments in a month towards principal only? 

Thanks myFICO community! Smiley Happy

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

7 REPLIES 7
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Ally Financial Advice?

Had GMAC and then ALLY for a couple auto loans, never an issue.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your loan approval!

Message 3 of 8
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 4 of 8
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Well thanks for the congratulations everyone, but I'm more looking for feedback in regards to having a loan with Ally. 

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 5 of 8
800who
Regular Contributor

My first ever auto loan was through Ally, customer support is all people with way too thick of accents to understand. I had an issue where I had auto-pay set up and never looked at it. One day 6 months into the loan i went to check the loan out to see how the balance was looking etc, and it said payment due 7 days ago and my heart sunk, long story short, the auto-pay cancelled it self and customer support couldn't even remotely grasp the fact that I had an issue, never mind resolve it. 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had 2 auto loans with ally, and currently have 1 now, I've never had a problem, but if you pay extra every month, be sure to call in as if you just pay online, the extra will go to the interest and not the principal, I've done it twice and had to call in and it was too late so I spoke to a manager when I called and he told me it's fine to pay extra, but call when paying the extra so they can apply it to the principal and not just interest, their computer systems has no clue that you want to pay the principal down, good luck and congrats on your approval! 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have had a couple of cars with Ally. Never a prblem as long as payments are made on time. Congrats!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.