Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ally won’t report PAID off LOAN

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ally won’t report PAID off LOAN

I'm frustrated with Ally. My vehicle was paid off on Feb 20 2021. I contact them after the 10 hold period on the check payment had past, asking them to update with the credit bureaus that the account was paid in full and is closed. As of today nothing has happen. They had the entire month of March to update my reports including the regularly monthly update on the 25th, but didn't. 

They have release the title over a month ago but refuse to update with the credit bureaus, now it looks like I have three open installment loans and it's driving me crazy. What can I do to make this go away? I will never do business with Ally again.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Ally won’t report PAID off LOAN

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm frustrated with Ally. My vehicle was paid off on Feb 20 2021. I contact them after the 10 hold period on the check payment had past, asking them to update with the credit bureaus that the account was paid in full and is closed. As of today nothing has happen. They had the entire month of March to update my reports including the regularly monthly update on the 25th, but didn't. 

They have release the title over a month ago but refuse to update with the credit bureaus, now it looks like I have three open installment loans and it's driving me crazy. What can I do to make this go away? I will never do business with Ally again.

Just just need to wait........................ It typically take banks around 30-45 days sometimes to report a paid loan, this isn't just an Ally" bank thing.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 8
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Last year around this time when I refinanced a vehicle away from Ally (to save on interest) they told me it normally takes 45 days to report... it ended up taking 90 days because of COVID-19...

Apparently (from what I was told) Credit updates are completed manually, and can only be done from the office. At that time they were rotating 10 people into the office every other day (one day of no-one in the office between new groups). Was told that office usually had 150 employees handling credit updates. 

I'm not sure if they are still using a skeleton crew, if they've started processing from home.

It will update eventually... give it time.

Goodwill Saturation Technique
Starting Score: EQ:608, EX:617, TU:625
Current Score 3/11/2020: EQ:695, EX:703, TU:720
Goal Score: 740+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000
Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.
Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal: August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 3 of 8
TampaBAY86
Regular Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just just need to wait........................ It typically take banks around 30-45 days sometimes to report a paid loan, this isn't just an Ally" bank thing.

+1

When I refinanced in 2019, I was told up to 60 days by my former lender.  It ended up taking about 45 days.  Just need to be patient.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I refi'd 3 vehicles away from Ally a few months ago.  It took almost a full 60 days to report.  I had 6 loans showing for almost a month.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too paid off a car loan with Ally Bank on 3/26/2021 and have received the title, however they have not updated my credit report with any of the credit bureaus.  I did a pdf of my statement and a pdf showing the loan as paid in full and filed a credit dispute directly with Experian.  I will never do business with them again.  They are quick to report negative issues but, very slow in reporting the positive.  You can call them and get a reference number with your issues but it is always reported to their superviors and will take 45 days.  I've heard that for over a year now!

Message 6 of 8
coachbeau
Valued Member

Quick question. I had a loan through Ally and refinanced with Navy. My score dropped 2pts when Navy added and waiting to see what happens when Ally shows it paid off. Did your score drop when Ally reported it paid? 

Message 7 of 8
roughdraff
Valued Member

Yes, they will report negative items very quick but then go slow on reporting positive progress. They always trail about 2-6 months before reporting. Not a good company as of late.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.