Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Hope of an Auto Loan?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any Hope of an Auto Loan?

Hi there everyone,

This is my first post and I am looking to get an auto loan. I have very poor credit and have been working for a year now to pay off past debt. I have successfully paid off or settled all collection accounts and a charge off. The only thing left are 2 student loans that I am making voluntary payments on. My credit went south while I was not making much money working part time and during/after a divorce. Anyway, things are great now and I have a well-paying, stable job. I just had a baby and have decided my 10 year old 2 door just isn't going to cut it.

Credit Score: 572/577/599 according to my credit monitoring service

# of positive trade lines: 7

# of negative trade lines: 13 (all paid or settled and 2 will be removed as I did PFD 2 weeks ago)

Income: 57,600

Lenght of Employment: 2 years 3 months

Previous Loan Experience: 1 car loan opened in 2005; payments on time except for 3 months that were late

Debt-to-Income (DTI): Currently living with parents, however my mortgage from when I was married still appears as a positive trade line on reports

Year of Car: 2011

Miles: 40k

Purchase/Refinance: Would like to finance approx $18k

Requested loan term (XX Months): 60 (but maybe 72)

Down payment amount: $6000 down payment and will pay Taxes, tags, etc in cash

Co-borrower/Co-Signer: No

Other: As I mentioned, all negative accounts have a 0 balance, with the exception of student loans that I am paying on. Student loans are still showing as in collections and this is still being worked out as they went to garnishment and I am waiting on the hearing ruling to take them out of garnishment. Had 1 chargeoff that has been settled. I have been added as an authorized user to my mom's credit card in hopes of gaining a few points (too bad I could use a few hundred) and my credit card with a low limit is showing 83% utilization as of last month but I have paid it down to under 30%. Can pay off if necessary. Since I have a 3.5 month old son, I would prefer to buy a car sooner than later. I would like to apply through my bank, PNC and also my credit union.

Thanks to anyone and everyone for helpful advice :-)

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
BluesFan
Established Member

Re: Any Hope of an Auto Loan?

We currently have similar credit and my scores are a bit higher at 610,595,604.4

I have been getting approved by some and denied by others but the best rate I have been able to pull down is 7.9 and that is with a 25% down payment. I have been getting 12-15% offers with no downpayment.

Hopefully that helps a bit..... If you really., really need a car you could probably pull one down, however most likely through a sub sub prime lender at big rates.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much for the reply. I really appreciate your input and hope some others will have thoughts as well. I have no problem putting 25% down so it would be great if I could get an interest rate under 10%. Just not sure how likely that it.

I'm hoping that all of my collections being paid will make a difference to the lender.

Message 3 of 4
juggar
Contributor

With 6k for a downpayment I dont think your going to have a problem getting approved. If you have proof of employment and proof of that 57k income for the past 2 years im 100% sure you can get a loan. I think at this point your credit score will only keep you from getting a decent APR. I would expect the lowest APR you could get would be around 8%. 

Amex Green, Chase Freedom(7.5K), Nationwide Visa Signature(6K), Chase Sapphire Preferred(6k), Cap One VentureOne visa signature (5K) BoA Cash Rewards siggy (5K), BoA travel rewards visa siggy(5K) PayPal Extras Mastercard(5K), Capital One QuickSilver(2.25K) Newegg Preferred Account(2K), Citi Forward(3.4K), Dell Account(2K) Discover IT(2.4K), Chase Slate (1.5K) Citi Diamond Preferred ($800), BestBuy Mastercard ($1500),Bill-Me-Later(1.2K), ,Barclay Mastercard(2K). TigerDirect TigerPay(3.15K), Wal-mart credit card(3.9K), Amazon store card (2K)

equifax - 720, TU - 747, Exp - 734 - report date 11/24/2014
15+ inqs...
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.