cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any car loan approval without income verification or proof of income?

tag
jchu2013
Valued Member

Any car loan approval without income verification or proof of income?

Which lender (including bank and CU) will approve car loan without income verification or proof of income? Provided the buyer put about 30-40% down payment.

My current situation :
Credit Score : NONE.
BOA secured card (4000), US bank secured card (4000)
4 Inquiries in Dec 2012
0 BAD

Message 1 of 87
86 REPLIES 86
Paperboy999
Contributor

Re: Any car loan approval without income verification or proof of income?

I've never been asked at a dealer for income verification.
11/09 EX 564
10/12 EX 673 TU 674
1/13 TU 686
2/13 EX 701
Goal 750+
Message 2 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ford Motor Credit wanted pay stubs and I put 10k down payment.

Message 3 of 87
ImprovingYouth
Regular Contributor

@jchu2013 wrote:

Which lender (including bank and CU) will approve car loan without income verification or proof of income? Provided the buyer put about 30-40% down payment.

I only believe no income verification will be neccessary if the buyer has AMAZING credit. You have to think about it like this, the company has to have enough faith that even if you have no income they believe you will make payments, in order for them to override income requirements like W2s or paystubs.

Age: 22 //Cards: Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Visa, Discover IT, CreditOne, CapOne Quicksilver, CapOne Cash, Walmart, Barclaycard, Citibank BestBuy, NavyFederal Visa Signature cashRewards //AAoA: 1 Year 3 Months (but going down quickly Smiley Tongue) //CK:692, Sesame:656
Message 4 of 87
ImprovingYouth
Regular Contributor

@Paperboy999 wrote:

So you are telling me that you have NEVER been asked for W2s or paystubs when purchasing a vehincle. Please tell me where you bought your car so I can make sure to never go there...

Age: 22 //Cards: Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Visa, Discover IT, CreditOne, CapOne Quicksilver, CapOne Cash, Walmart, Barclaycard, Citibank BestBuy, NavyFederal Visa Signature cashRewards //AAoA: 1 Year 3 Months (but going down quickly Smiley Tongue) //CK:692, Sesame:656
Message 5 of 87
sccredit
Valued Contributor

@ImprovingYouth wrote:

@Paperboy999 wrote:

So you are telling me that you have NEVER been asked for W2s or paystubs when purchasing a vehincle. Please tell me where you bought your car so I can make sure to never go there...

I have purchased 8 new cars and have only provided proof of income once, when my credit score was about 560.

Message 6 of 87
ImprovingYouth
Regular Contributor

Huh, maybe its a regional thing, as I've financed 3 always had to provide some sort of income verification. Anyway it just seems to me like responsible lending procedures, but I stand corrected.

Message 7 of 87
cim
Established Member

I leased a car early 2012 with dealer's captive lender and no income verification was required.  I then purchased another car in late 2012 with a different dealer's captive lender at 0% and nothing down with no income verification.  Both vehicles were mid 30K price range.

My FICO was upper 600s in both instances but my auto enhanced FICO was about 750.

Message 8 of 87
bbb3601
Frequent Contributor

I have only had to provide pay stubs once in 12 car purchases. The one example was with a sub-prime lender. However I would never negotiate a deal expecting not to provide them. 

NFCU Cash Rewards 20,000,NFCU Plat 17,000, NavCheck 15,000, USAA Cash 4,000, USSA Rate Adv 2,000, USAA AMEX 3,500, Freedom 2,000, Capital One 2,000, Barclay's Apple 1,500, Barclay's Ring 1500, Various Store Cards.

Message 9 of 87
Epcot
Valued Contributor

I have purchased or leased about 6 cars in the last 10 years and I have never been asked for any income verification. My credit score has ranged from low 600's to high 700's. 4 were new cars where I put 0 down (Leases).

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 10 of 87
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.