cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know which CR Wells Fargo pulls for car loans?

tag
jay33
Valued Member

Anyone know which CR Wells Fargo pulls for car loans?

I'm thinking about getting a new car and I want to go through Wells Fargo.  Does anyone know which CR they pull?  All three?  Can you request to have them pull the one you want?

- Born again credit hawk
EQ 581, EX 625, TU 550
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone know which CR Wells Fargo pulls for car loans?

Hi Jay,

I believe they use Transunion or Experian.  My reason for believing that is I recently had a late pay removed from those credit reports by Wells for a car I just paid off with after 5 years.  Long story but my husband forgot to pay the car after 2 months before the loan was due to be paid off!  I was in the hospital.

The late pay was never reported to Equifax.

I have had two cars financed through them, I will always used Wells for all of my car purchases.  They really took care of me and removed the late pay when they DiD not have have to! 
Message 2 of 7
jay33
Valued Member

Thanks for the reply.  They are my current lender and I want to get a new car financed through them and I wanted to make sure I knew which CR they were going to look at.

Did you have negative equity when financing with them? 
Message 3 of 7
keithc
Regular Contributor

they pulled EQ on me!! i live in good ole SC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 4 of 7
MattH
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi Jay,
I believe they use Transunion or Experian. My reason for believing that is I recently had a late pay removed from those credit reports by Wells for a car I just paid off with after 5 years. Long story but my husband forgot to pay the car after 2 months before the loan was due to be paid off! I was in the hospital.
The late pay was never reported to Equifax.
I have had two cars financed through them, I will always used Wells for all of my car purchases. They really took care of me and removed the late pay when they DiD not have have to!

I know nothing about the Auto Loan division of Wells Fargo, but the mortgage division of WF does soft pulls on my TU only, not the other two. It's unclear to me why WF does soft pulls on my TU, the mortgage is fixed-rate so even if my credit suddenly got worse as long as I keep paying them what difference would the contents of my report make?

Message Edited by MattH on 05-26-2008 11:16 AM
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I live in Nevada and I use them as my bank. I applied for a Auto Loan with Wells Fargo Finance not the bank Wells Fargo and they pulled Experian and denied me. The loan officer said they like to see at least a 620 or above.

My friend also applied to Wells Fargo bank and they pulled Experian on her as well.
Message 6 of 7
keithc
Regular Contributor

wells pulls from EQ. i live in sc!!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.