Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved Penfed auto refinance

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Re: Approved Penfed auto refinance

@Anonymous wrote:

Wanted to add that the process was very easy.  They sent me the payoff check to USAA which I endorsed and sent off to USAA in overnight package to make sure it got there in time to make sure the amount was high enough for the payoff.  That was with couple forms about USAA sending them the title.  USAA process payoff about 3 days later and sent me a overpament checl of $7.42 

Yes,  it's the same as how USAA does it when they do a refi.  I had to have them overnight my check as my payoff is good through June 3.  I didn't want to take any chances since I have to mail it to USAA.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 21 of 37
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

Finally got in with Penfed last week with a 5k Promise.  Tried for a personal loan but they declined because they want to see payment history on Penfed account.  I guess that is for unsecured debt.  Applied for a refinance ($18,900) from USAA at 3.99% for a new (at time of original loan) 2014 Honda Accord.  In less than 30 minutes Penfed approved for 2.9% for 60 months which was the lowest rate for that term.  This is starting to look a lot like Christmas.  This 1% will save me nearly $2,400 in interest.

Congrats 12njoy!! 2014 should still be considered new unless they've changed the rules? Should be 1.99% on 60 months.

Nope,  2014 is used.   I think 2015 and up was new. I'm not complaining though because I am still saving over $2,000.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 22 of 37
elim
Senior Contributor

Itchin' too, lol

Message 23 of 37
12njoy
Super Contributor

@elim wrote:

Itchin' too, lol

Lol lol.  Did you call to do phone app

___________ 12Njoy
Message 24 of 37
elim
Senior Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@elim wrote:

Itchin' too, lol

No, GF got called in to work so she's busy involving me in getting her ready to go, lol.  I'll wait a bit.

Message 25 of 37
12njoy
Super Contributor

@elim wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@elim wrote:

Itchin' too, lol

No, GF got called in to work so she's busy involving me in getting her ready to go, lol.  I'll wait a bit.

Sounds like a plan

___________ 12Njoy
Message 26 of 37
elim
Senior Contributor

Approved 60 month / 2.99%  

$302 payment on $16,500ish.  I'll keep making $350-$400.

48 month was 2.49%

36 month was 1.99%

I tried to fund the account with 3k from a rewards card but $100 max    :[

Thanks guys,  Docs are on the way.  She also said "are you aware you are eligable for a 5% rewards card"  I said maybe later.  Might try and find a low APR CLOC.  I guess I need a checking account first, lol

Message 27 of 37
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Before my score turn around (710 to 790-800s) we had purchased a MiniVan 2015 last July and ended up with 5.25% interest rate. Given my profile and utilization I understood the rate at the time.

Once the scores started to take off I did apply to PenFed and was able to refinance the Van to 1.99%. PenFed has been great to work with and I had them set up the loan on auto pay. I usually pay early which just pushes the payment ahead, I always try to be early versus late with payments. 

Message 28 of 37
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

Finally got in with Penfed last week with a 5k Promise.  Tried for a personal loan but they declined because they want to see payment history on Penfed account.  I guess that is for unsecured debt.  Applied for a refinance ($18,900) from USAA at 3.99% for a new (at time of original loan) 2014 Honda Accord.  In less than 30 minutes Penfed approved for 2.9% for 60 months which was the lowest rate for that term.  This is starting to look a lot like Christmas.  This 1% will save me nearly $2,400 in interest.

Congrats 12njoy!! 2014 should still be considered new unless they've changed the rules? Should be 1.99% on 60 months.

Nope,  2014 is used.   I think 2015 and up was new. I'm not complaining though because I am still saving over $2,000.

No doubt! That's a nice chunk of change to use else where. I just checked the site. Yup..the stipulations must have changed in the last month or so. It did state two years or newer was considered eligible for new car rate.

Message 29 of 37
12njoy
Super Contributor

@elim wrote:

Approved 60 month / 2.99%  

$302 payment on $16,500ish.  I'll keep making $350-$400.

48 month was 2.49%

36 month was 1.99%

I tried to fund the account with 3k from a rewards card but $100 max    :[

Thanks guys,  Docs are on the way.  She also said "are you aware you are eligable for a 5% rewards card"  I said maybe later.  Might try and find a low APR CLOC.  I guess I need a checking account first, lol

Huge congrats to you.   Please make sure you post your stats in the PenFed approval thread crested by baller4life.  Of course you want your own approval thread also.  Congrats again, you struck gold.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.