cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved by DCU...is this real life???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved by DCU...is this real life???

@Anonymous wrote:

My regular FICO's are 629, 645, and 627.....Under Experian my Auto Fico was 695, which the associate I spoke with told me thats what they pulled. 

@AhmedInVA wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sooooooooo, I was looking to refinance Goldilocks the Gold Corolla. I am in a 20.45% loan from CPS. I was offered a 13.06% deal from Blue Harbor which sounded fantastic to me. For kicks, I also applied with DCU and was approved for.....wait for it.....waaaaait for it.....

2.24% APR!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can knock that even lower to 1.74% if I direct deposit with them!!!!

From $330/month to $188/month.......just with a phone call or two....

I am beyond over the moon. I feel high....I still cant even believe it!! 

Thank you guys on here SO much. If not for these forums I would probably have stuck it out with CPS for a lot longer, and paid WAY huge in interest payments!!!!! 

Ok.....I need a beer.....Smiley Happy

Congrats! what kind of score do you need to get that rate from DCU?

Congratulations!!! That's amazing! Are you sure they pulled Experian Auto? I e always heard they pull Equifax Mortgage 5.

Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My regular FICO's are 629, 645, and 627.....Under Experian my Auto Fico was 695, which the associate I spoke with told me thats what they pulled. 

@AhmedInVA wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sooooooooo, I was looking to refinance Goldilocks the Gold Corolla. I am in a 20.45% loan from CPS. I was offered a 13.06% deal from Blue Harbor which sounded fantastic to me. For kicks, I also applied with DCU and was approved for.....wait for it.....waaaaait for it.....

2.24% APR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you guys on here SO much. If not for these forums I would probably have stuck it out with CPS for a lot longer, and paid WAY huge in interest payments!!!!! 

Congrats! what kind of score do you need to get that rate from DCU?

Congratulations!!! That's amazing! Are you sure they pulled Experian Auto? I e always heard they pull Equifax Mortgage 5.

My wording could have been better. The rep didnt specifcally tell me the bureau they pulled. She said my score was 695, and my only 695 was the Experian Auto. I assumed that was the one she meant! My other scores across the board varied a lot from that 695. 

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holding my breath right now on  DCU approval - says it will take 24 hours. Already approved with Cap 1 for their lowest rate as well as with Chrysler, but I still would love to get in with DCU. Fingers crossed!

My Exp. Auto 8 is 677, but I fear my tax lien may scare them off.

Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

DCU always pull from Equifax. Congrats tho

Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes. They always use Equifax Mortgage 5.

Message 15 of 23
EddieK
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Almost always, they pulled EX for my auto loan approval this past December.

Starting Scores:
1/19/14:

1/28/14:
2/12/14:
Current Scores:
7/10/19:
12/17/16:
9/05/17:
Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sweet Deal. I'm roiughly in the same boat. 18.5% on an 18K Auto loan. I'm paying $440 a month!!  I went to the DCU website. Do you have to open a Checking/Savings account with them, or did you go right to the loan app?

Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had to become a member ($10) and opened a savings ($5). Wasn't a large gamble at all, and paid off huge.

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Sweet Deal. I'm roiughly in the same boat. 18.5% on an 18K Auto loan. I'm paying $440 a month!!  I went to the DCU website. Do you have to open a Checking/Savings account with them, or did you go right to the loan app?

I THINK you can apply for the loan and if approved pay the membership and do all that before the loan is funded.  You would have to check but I believe they will do that.

Message 19 of 23
Shawndoe79
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

2.24% APR!!!!!!!!!!!!

SWEEEEEEEEEET

Current Scores EQ 689| EX 688| TU 679
Comenity 57.5k| Navy Fed 52.5k| Capital One 32.3k| Synchrony 23k| BBVA Compass 5.5k| First Commerce 4k| Barclays 1.9k|
GARDENING UNTIL APPING....
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.