cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for 0% ford motor credit with baddies?

tag
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Approved for 0% ford motor credit with baddies?

...was just curious if you had any baddies on your report at the time. I have 1 to 2 collections on each report but my scores all range 670-710. Am looking into getting a Ford at the 0% rate myself. Only with nothing down preferred.

Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved for 0% ford motor credit with baddies?

If your auto enhanced scores come out in that range you should be able to get the promo rate

Message 2 of 6
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

They denied me so the dealer says. Thin file and carry over negative equity. The carryover negative equity was only 2k and my file really isn't that thin. I've had SL since 2007 with no lates, auto loan since August 13 no lates, auto loan since May 14 no lates, Chase auto loan open 5 months now paid off and closed, and 11 credit/store cards open anywhere from 2012 to jan 14 never late low balances on all my cards but some AU cards have higher balances. I'm beyond struck they denied me flat out!
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 3 of 6
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@cartwrna wrote:

...was just curious if you had any baddies on your report at the time. I have 1 to 2 collections on each report but my scores all range 670-710. Am looking into getting a Ford at the 0% rate myself. Only with nothing down preferred.

OP, I created a new post for you, since the member you originally responded to has not logged into the Forums since last August.   I also made some edits with the move; please feel free to change if you'd like.

If your baddies aren't auto loan related, then an auto-enchanced score would definitely be in your benefit.  

(Edit--just read about your denial.  Sorry to hear about it!   You might want to look into DCU for a competitive rate.   I'm not sure if Ford has any incentives for "cash" customers, but it wouldn't hurt to find out)

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 4 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

id go to another ford dealer... they are EASY financing and the dealer here told me ford will approve practically anyone with a beating pulse especially on the 24 month leases to get them out the door with a new car.

Message 5 of 6
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

No need too Smiley Happy Just applied to DCU to refinance my Charger that had 19% interest rate and got approved at 1.99%, saves me $213 a month and got a 5k credit card! Doing the deal with trading my Avenger and using them as well! My credit score FICO04 was same one I pulled 676 right over there 675 cutoff for best rates!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.