Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Lease Pull Ahead Programs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto Lease Pull Ahead Programs

The reason you done tell them if you're military or a first responder..is because you want the out the door price first. Then you tell them after you worked all that out. Then you'll save additional. If you believe that this is not how it works. I don't know what to tell you.

@Scupra wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

During Covid, the wife and called Nissan, we still had 14 payments remaining on our lease and they said they would wipe those clean and get us into something else and we won't have payments for 3 months on the new vehicle. The reason Nissan didn't care about the remaining payments is because their used car inventory is low(I don't imagine why, because who likes CVTs? Lol). We were going to wait for the 21 Rogue but Nissan threw us in a Murano Platinum for $95  less a month than they were paying for the rogue. They didn't even bother to do a credit check. So we are all good. 
And No! They didn't roll the remaining payments into the new lease. I first worked out the out the door price. Didn't mention if I wanted to lease or finance. Didn't answer any of the dealers usual incentive questions as well. Don't answer them if they ask about Millitary or a first Responder bla bla bla. Just work on the out the door price. 
With some dealerships you can even say"Nissan, VW or whoever your lease is through, keeps calling me for early pull ahead". The dealership will just take your word for it. Trust me. 

Lastly when I leased my Dodge Challenger SP WB from Chrysler capital..I actually had money down and didn't mention it. I barely fought with the sales/finance manager. I was thinking $500 a month or so. Nope $350 a month for a 36/10 lease. Didn't put a penny down and MyFico Auto Scores are only 632, TU, 635 EQ, and 657 EX. 

Both Chrysler and Nissan are bottom feeding right now am I'm sure it will implode at some point. But oh well. Smiley Happy

Absolutely the worst advice in this thread.. Military and First Responder can OFTEN qualify you for dealer incentives, not answering is just you leaving money on the table. If lease pull ahead isn't available, it isn't available.. Just because you lie to the dealer doesn't mean they are going to just wipe your payments away because "they take your word". 

Anyone looking for a lease needs to go to edmunds and gather buyrate MF, residual and ALL incentives and/or dealer cash available. After you have all of the inoformation, google a lease calulator and plug your numbers in.. You should know the deal you want before ever contacting a dealership in the first place. GL! 

Message 21 of 37
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The reason you done tell them if you're military or a first responder..is because you want the out the door price first. Then you tell them after you worked all that out. Then you'll save additional. If you believe that this is not how it works. I don't know what to tell you.

@Scupra wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

During Covid, the wife and called Nissan, we still had 14 payments remaining on our lease and they said they would wipe those clean and get us into something else and we won't have payments for 3 months on the new vehicle. The reason Nissan didn't care about the remaining payments is because their used car inventory is low(I don't imagine why, because who likes CVTs? Lol). We were going to wait for the 21 Rogue but Nissan threw us in a Murano Platinum for $95  less a month than they were paying for the rogue. They didn't even bother to do a credit check. So we are all good. 
And No! They didn't roll the remaining payments into the new lease. I first worked out the out the door price. Didn't mention if I wanted to lease or finance. Didn't answer any of the dealers usual incentive questions as well. Don't answer them if they ask about Millitary or a first Responder bla bla bla. Just work on the out the door price. 
With some dealerships you can even say"Nissan, VW or whoever your lease is through, keeps calling me for early pull ahead". The dealership will just take your word for it. Trust me. 

Lastly when I leased my Dodge Challenger SP WB from Chrysler capital..I actually had money down and didn't mention it. I barely fought with the sales/finance manager. I was thinking $500 a month or so. Nope $350 a month for a 36/10 lease. Didn't put a penny down and MyFico Auto Scores are only 632, TU, 635 EQ, and 657 EX. 

Both Chrysler and Nissan are bottom feeding right now am I'm sure it will implode at some point. But oh well. Smiley Happy

Absolutely the worst advice in this thread.. Military and First Responder can OFTEN qualify you for dealer incentives, not answering is just you leaving money on the table. If lease pull ahead isn't available, it isn't available.. Just because you lie to the dealer doesn't mean they are going to just wipe your payments away because "they take your word". 

Anyone looking for a lease needs to go to edmunds and gather buyrate MF, residual and ALL incentives and/or dealer cash available. After you have all of the inoformation, google a lease calulator and plug your numbers in.. You should know the deal you want before ever contacting a dealership in the first place. GL! 

A great out the door price means absolutely nothing if they are using dealer cash to afford the "discount". Above and beyond that major point, OTD pirce means even less if they are increasing the MF to make up for the discount up front. Your pushing the right idea but not gathering all of the details. I worked as a new car sales manager and desked thousands of deals, I don't need to beleive what you are saying is "the way". I just want others browing the forums to have the best info available Smiley Happy 

edit: It is very easy to show you a great OTD cost and hide the $2k (dealer cash on my last lease) as well as conquest or any other incentives that are NOT publicised. The MF could also be inflated by 2-3% to make up the loss on the front end in back end profit. Negotiating out the door is half the battle sir. 

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 22 of 37
ccquest
Established Contributor

@Scupra wrote:
Negotiating out the door is half the battle sir. 

That's because leases have a lot of ways to hide things out of normal consumer eye. It's also one of the times when buying a car where focusing on monthly payment actually is more the right way to go. I don't care what the OTD price is, if I know I'm comfortable paying $350 a month for a new car forever then that's all I'm looking at.

as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 23 of 37
JGGM
Frequent Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:

Who has an auto lease that has taken advantage of a lease pull ahead program?

I still have 13 months to go on my current VW lease.

Last time they offered a 3 month early return (and they would cover the 3 remaining payments) if I leased/bought a new vehicle (aka lease pull ahead program).

I've seen some peeps on the interwebs who have done 4 and 5 months, given current economy.

Wondering if anyone has done more. Maybe 6, 9, or even 12?

I've worked in the retail automotive sector for a decade now, with a dealer group that owns GM, Ford, Nissan, and Toyota franchises. I have never seen 6, 9, or 12 month pull-aheads. GM seems to be the most aggressive with up to 4 month pull-aheads, though they do cap the payment/max benefit. You are correct - if it is a true pull-ahead program it is not added to your new lease - it's bascially a rebate or "capitalized cost reduction'.

Also just to add - your comment regarding the 'current economy'. Retail automotive in my area (Texas) is strong. The only reason unit numbers are down is because there is not inventory. For example - we normally have about 100-120 trucks in stock. Currently, we have 38. All inventory is normally around a 120 market day supply, we're at 48 market day supply. VW might be more agressive because there is an over-supply of remarketed (repaired) TDI vehicles on the wholesale market right now, so they might be more agressive than other brands. Just my account/perspective for what it is worth.

Current Score 7-1-21: TU: 812 EX: 805 EQ: 839
Goal Score:ACHIEVED - 800 Across the Board
In My Wallet: Cap1 QS - PenFed Power Cash Rewards - PenFed Promise - AmEx Delta Platinum - DISCO - NFCU Cash Rewards - Chase Sapphire Preferred

Message 24 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nissan always pulls ahead further than 6 months. I don't know what Nissan dealer you're into. Nissan corporate will contact the customer in December if their lease is up in June/July. Then walk into the dealer and tell them Nissans has been calling you for early pull ahead. Then all they do is wipe away the remaining payments. They do not add them to your new lease. If you need proof..you can FaceTime me and I'll prove it to you. I can you show that we've gotten 18 15,16 14, 13, 12, 9, 7,6,5 month early pull aheads. 

Message 25 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do they pull your credit when you do the pull ahead? BMW wants me to give them my car 7mos early for a 2020. 

Message 26 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can tell the dealer not to run your credit again. If you have successfully made 12 consecutive payments on your lease and never missed a payment, you're already preapproved for your next lease regardless of what you do to your credit. You're next lease will be approved at the same tier you had when you got the first lease. So if your score is worse now..make sure you tell them not to run it again and that you would just like the same tier as before. 

Message 27 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH! Yes. None of my payments have ever been late. BMWFS has rates me as exceptional on all three bureaus. Thank you so so much. 

Message 28 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

They made me reapply. Haven't heard anything yet. 

Message 29 of 37
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Do they pull your credit when you do the pull ahead? BMW wants me to give them my car 7mos early for a 2020. 

BMW will always make you re-apply and they do NOT have pull ahead. Most dealers will use your loyalty to absorb some of the payments. I don't know why someone in this thread told you you would be auto approved...

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.