Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Loan Approvals!

tag
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Auto Loan Approvals!

@Anonymous wrote:
@ Marty - haven’t actually been in a branch yet....but that’s on the other side of town from us. Bought @ MB of Boerne, they can pull your approval directly from RBFCU and do all paperwork so you can avoid a trip to the branch...it was great! We got the dark Grey & Black Napa leather with Cream insets in seats. She’s a beauty! My E550 was nice, but this one is far superior.

Thank you for the tip.  I will do that when I am ready to buy.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3831 of 4,736
Tigremalo2001
New Contributor

APPROVING BANK: Ally 
BUREAU PULLED: TU Auto 8, Equifax and Experian
CREDIT SCORE: 686 TU/ 679 Experian/ Equifax 675
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: Missouri
NEW/USED: Used 
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2017
MAKE: KIA
MODEL: Sorento LX
MILEAGE:14,390
RETAIL/LEASE:Retail

AMOUNT OF LOAN: $19480
TERM CONTRACTED:63
APR/LEASE RATE:3.99
MONTHLY PAYMENT:$ 343.79
ANNUAL INCOME:80k
DEBT TO INCOME RATIO:
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: Worked hard to raise Credit scores. I did not buy GAP ..Can I buy GAP as a stand alone product?

Starting FICO scores 5/2017--- 580 EQ/ 531 TU/535 EXperian

As of 12/29/17 Curent FICO ----691 EQ/ 666 TU/ 686 Experian
Message 3832 of 4,736
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tigremalo2001, You can check with your insurance company to see if they offer GAP protection. Many insurance companies do, such as State Farm, and I think Progressive/Geico do as well.

Message 3833 of 4,736
Anonymous
Not applicable

Geico does not offer GAP, the others may.
Message 3834 of 4,736
Anonymous
Not applicable

APPROVING BANK: Chrysler Capital
BUREAU PULLED: All Three- Auto 8 I beileve
CREDIT SCORE: 610 Mine 658 Wife
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: Nevada
NEW/USED: New 
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2017
MAKE: Ram
MODEL: 1500 Crew Cab Big Horn
MILEAGE: 22
RETAIL/LEASE:Retail Sticker $51k

AMOUNT OF LOAN: $37k Out the door
TERM CONTRACTED:75
APR/LEASE RATE: 8.6
MONTHLY PAYMENT:$ 651
ANNUAL INCOME:78k
DEBT TO INCOME RATIO:
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY:  Previous auto repo with CH7 BK (unforseen financial hardship)  Filed Oct 2016 Discharged Feb 2017, rebuilding since then including small joint auto loan on wifes car. Had trade with positive equitity plus cash down

Message 3835 of 4,736
Dragen
Established Member

@Dragen wrote:
APPROVING BANK: KIA Financial
BUREAU PULLED: Transunion/Equifax
CREDIT SCORE: 800/824
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: Tx
NEW/USED: NEW
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2018
MAKE: Kia
MODEL: Stinger GT2
MILEAGE: 12
RETAIL/LEASE: Lease
AMOUNT OF LOAN: 47k
TERM CONTRACTED: 36 mos
APR/LEASE RATE: .00181
MONTHLY PAYMENT: 667
ANNUAL INCOME: 72k
DEBT TO INCOME RATIO: 9%
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: Been waiting for this car since it was unveiled in January at the Detroit show. It was the first Stinger off the truck, leased it sight unseen and with no test drive. The car is great but the leasing experience sucked because of the shady dealer. First, even though they don't even use Transunion, they pulled it, since they couldn't access my Equifax, which is locked due to the breach. Once I got to finance, they told me they needed to run Equifax too, since that's who Kia uses, so now I'm stuck with an extra, pointless inquiry.
Then once I'm in the office and signing the contract, I see extras that I specifically declined are still in the MSRP. I was ready to walk, since I'm not paying for BS nitrogen air or "paint protection" or theft guard; my salesman was called in and he fixed it at the last minute though.
As for the lease, I know I probably overpaid; that payment could lease a BMW or Audi. Kia is currently offering $6100 lease cash and 0.00181 for tier 1/2 buyers though, so that took some of the 'sting' out of it.

UPDATING MY POST; LEASE HAS BEEN BOUGHT OUT:
APPROVING BANK: PENFED
BUREAU PULLED: EQUIFAX
CREDIT SCORE: NOT SURE WHICH VERSION OF EQ THEY PULLED, BUT SCORE WOULD HAVE BEEN 800+
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: TX
NEW/USED: NEW
MAKE: Kia
MODEL: Stinger GT2
MILEAGE: 500
RETAIL/LEASE: RETAIL (PAYMENT SAVER PLAN)
AMOUNT OF LOAN: ~45K
TERM CONTRACTED: 60 mos
APR/LEASE RATE: 2.49
MONTHLY PAYMENT: 529
ANNUAL INCOME: 72k
DEBT TO INCOME RATIO: 9%

MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: TRYING TO CUT MONTHLY COSTS DUE TO CHANGES COMING NEXT YEAR, SO I DECIDED TO BUYOUT MY LEASE TO LOWER PAYMENTS; SWITCHING TO PENFED'S PAYMENT SAVER (BALLOON NOTE) PLAN WILL SAVE ME ALMOST $140 MONTHLY. 

Message 3836 of 4,736
Anonymous
Not applicable

APPROVING BANK: JP Morgan Chase Bank
BUREAU PULLED: TU Auto 8, Equifax and Experian
CREDIT SCORE: 708 TU/ 688 Experian/ Equifax 679
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: Virginia
MAKE: Honda
MODEL: Odyssey
MILEAGE:23
RETAIL/LEASE:Retail

AMOUNT OF LOAN: $50000
TERM CONTRACTED: 72
APR/LEASE RATE: 3.5
MONTHLY PAYMENT:$ 698
ANNUAL INCOME:65k
DEBT TO INCOME RATIO:
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: was quite the interesting experience. Dont think I have had so many inquiries at one time. Good news is it paid off in the end. First time i sat down with the honda financing guy I am told best rate possible is 5%. On a new car, and a loan this size I was not thrilled so decided to hold off pulling the trigger. Cross shop Chrysler because they have incentive financing available, get approved, go back to dealership and test drive a Pacifica with my Wife. We both decide we prefer the honda enough to suck up the higher rate. We go back today to close the deal and sign everything. Imagine my surprise when the final paperwork reflects a new interest rate of 3.5%. I make no comment of the change through the whole signing process, just sitting there silently celebrating the win. The lower rate made getting gap and extended warranty easy choice as it was still less than the prior days offer. This van is awesome, glad we got it.
Message 3837 of 4,736
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

APPROVING BANK: NFCU
BUREAU PULLED: EQ
CREDIT SCORE: 776
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: Texas
MAKE: Audi
MODEL: SQ5 Prestige
MILEAGE: 24 miles
RETAIL/LEASE: Retail
AMOUNT OF LOAN: ~$51,000
TERM CONTRACTED: 48 months
APR/LEASE RATE: 2.69%
MONTHLY PAYMENT: ~$1100
ANNUAL INCOME: $200k
DEBT TO INCOME RATIO: 3%
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: Was not needed but put $10k down ($5k via credit card which was highest they were willing to go for a new customer and $5k cash) on the car to get the ball rolling on paying it off.

Message 3838 of 4,736
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

APPROVING BANK: VW Credit
BUREAU PULLED: EX, EQ, TU
CREDIT SCORE: 698 EQ Beacon 05, 705 EX Auto 03, 716 TU Auto 04
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: NV
MAKE: Audi
MODEL: S5 Cabriolet, Presteige trim
MILEAGE: 55
RETAIL/LEASE: Lease
AMOUNT OF LOAN: 41747.40
TERM CONTRACTED: 36 months
APR/LEASE RATE: Money factor converts to 4.9% 
MONTHLY PAYMENT: 1159.65
ANNUAL INCOME: 90K (without 7.5% annual bonus)
DEBT TO INCOME RATIO: ~21% 
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: I traded in my 2015 Audi Q3 that was coming off lease, as well as my 2012 VW Eos convertible, which lost about $6K in value because of an auto accident I am still negotiating a settlement on. Wiped out the negative equity with $4,500 cash and owner loyalty, as well as negotiating 6K off the MSRP. Option to buy this gorgeous car at the end of the lease in 36 months is $43K, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do in three years. Originally I was going to buy my Q3 after the lease ended, but the accident with the VW threw a wrench into that plan. I love convertibles, so I combined the best of AWD + drop top fun Smiley Very Happy

My DTI will go down as well, since this lease payment is less than the lease + loan on my other two vehicles. 

I haven't had a chance to get good photos yet, but here's one I took yesterday: 

IMG_1074.jpg

Message 3839 of 4,736
Anonymous
Not applicable

APPROVING BANK: PenFed
BUREAU PULLED: EQ
CREDIT SCORE: 682 on last pull on 1/16/18. Don't know if they pulled today.
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: Indiana
NEW/USED: Used
YEAR OF VEHICLE: ??? Haven't decided yet.
MAKE: Bentley
MODEL: Continental GT
MILEAGE: below 60,000
RETAIL/LEASE: Retail
AMOUNT OF LOAN: $46,000 but going below that.
TERM CONTRACTED: 60 months
APR/LEASE RATE: 3.74%
MONTHLY PAYMENT: ???? Don't know yet.
ANNUAL INCOME: $90,000-$113,000
DEBT TO INCOME RATIO: never looked into it. I try to keep everything in prospective.
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY:
I narrowed it down to 4 cars nationwide. The one I really want won't budge off the price but I might let it go because I never pay asking price. The salesman would rather send it to auction in a week then negotiate a price with me (I'm really not asking for much off...$2500 at the most, he stated to me that he's at the point that he's losing money by it being on the lot. It's been there for around 170 days). I really did it just to see where I stand and to get my ducks in a row. Now I have to pay off my BMW within the next two weeks because I'm not about to have 3 car notes on my back.
Message 3840 of 4,736
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.