Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Loan Approvals!

tag
Riann216
Established Member

Re: Auto Loan Approvals!

@Kayo wrote:

Haha. A Dealer can pick a higher interest loan from a certain bank if it makes them more money, they don't actually ADD interest to your loans. As sinister as you believe dealerships are, all they are really trying to do is make an extra grand or two from selling a car.

This is incorrect information.  I work processing auto loans and the dealership can add 2.5 pts for loans up to 60 months and 2pts for loans over 60 months.  The finance company retains the interest and pays the dealer a flat fee if they write the loan at the "buy rate."  If the dealer marks it up, they retain the excess finance charges.  So, in reality they are adding interest to your loan by upping your rate.

Message 1001 of 4,736
Anonymous
Not applicable

APPROVING BANK: Capital One
BUREAU PULLED: TU
CREDIT SCORE: 689
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: Missouri
NEW/USED: Used (CPO)
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2007
MAKE: BMW
MODEL: 335i
MILEAGE: 40,000
RETAIL/LEASE: 18,988
AMOUNT OF LOAN: 19,700
TERM CONTRACTED: 60 months
APR/LEASE RATE: 3.39%
MONTHLY PAYMENT: 362
ANNUAL INCOME: 30,707
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: My 19 year old Saturn is reaching its last leg so I started shopping for a used car. I found some that I liked and applied for a loan from Bank of America. Got a call back with a counter offer for $5000 less than what I would need.  So I applied for a Blank Check and filled out a dealer financing request.  Both called the next day to let me know I was approved. Blank check was for 5.34% for the vehicle. Capital One through the dealership offered 3.39%. I never saw the blank check because I was on a plane to AL to pick up my new car before it arrived.
Message 1002 of 4,736
kball64
Frequent Contributor

APPROVING BANK: NFCU
BUREAU PULLED: EQ
CREDIT SCORE: 683
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: TX
NEW/USED: NEW
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2012
MAKE: HYUNDAI
MODEL: VELOSTER
MILEAGE: 15
AMOUNT OF LOAN: 20,000
TERM CONTRACTED: 60 months (plan to pay off in 36)
APR/LEASE RATE: 1.79%
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $357
ANNUAL INCOME: 53,000

MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: In early 2008 my EQ fico was 543.  I have rebuilt and for the past 5 years my credit has been spotless.  There are still a couple of paid charge-offs listed but they are due to fall off this year.  I have 2 CCs with NFCU which I use sparingly and pay off each month.  NFCU is awesome and is so easy to work with.  I called, did an app over the phone and got instant approval.  My draft packet is ready at the branch for me to pick up or it can be mailed to me. 
Message 1003 of 4,736
Anonymous
Not applicable

APPROVING BANK: Suntrust
BUREAU PULLED: Equifax Beacon
CREDIT SCORE: 712
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: Maryland
NEW/USED: Certified Used
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2010
MAKE: Chevrolet 
MODEL: Equinox Ls
MILEAGE: 36584
RETAIL/LEASE: Retail
AMOUNT OF LOAN: 17177. The price of the car is 16,977. I was approved for the total amount of the loan including tax and fees which is 18007.56.

TERM CONTRACTED: 72
APR/LEASE RATE:3.59
MONTHLY PAYMENT:265.94
ANNUAL INCOME:
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: Ok, So I just bought this car, a few hours ago, this is my very first Auto loan and I should actually be happy but I'm actually worried that maybe I didn't get a good deal? You tell me:
I meant to just go and look I wasn't going to buy today but they kind of pressured me. At the same time, I'm relieved that I got this thing over with, I have been very stressed lately about this. I think I got a nice deal but it could've been better I'm sure. I went in with a Bank of america approval of 15000 at a rate of 3.87 (3.2 if I had bought the car with one of their dealer. This one wasn't one of them) and 257/mth for 60mths. 
I left the dealership with a loan that they ran for me for 18007.56-everything included (tax, fees,,), I paid the tax ($1300) as a downpayment and it's 17177 that's left, which includes the dealer fee of 199. The first payment is due in april. I have one month free. The car is certified by GMC so, 100,000m/5yrs for the engine and additional 1 year/12000m bumper to bumper... well, I'm not worried about the certification, my only thing is the length of the loan and the rate.  Did I get a good deal??
He's telling me that eventhough I have a good score, there isn't much in the report ( History is 4yrs and 9 months and I only have two credit card currently, 3 closed accts and 1 student loan that's been deferred). He basically called my score a "fake score" It's good but there's not much in the credit rport.  I know that my CR is very thin compared to others but for this score I thought I could get a better interest for a shorter term. He also tols me that this is a good rate for someone that's getting an auto loan for the 1st time, the average is 24% from what he told me. He also said it's more difficult to get approved for an Auto loan than a mortgage???
Did I make a good choice or should I return the car? I have 5 days/250 miles to return it. I guess the good thing is that there won't be any penalty fees if I pay it off earlier (which I intend to do anyway). The guy was nice but I was giving him a very hard time as I read a lot about how dealers will try to trick you when they see you're not knowledgeable about cars.. So, What do you guys think?
Message 1004 of 4,736
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

for no previous auto loan history and the fact that it is used i'd say you did really good..

Message 1005 of 4,736
Hammer23
Frequent Contributor

APPROVING BANK: Volkswagen Credit 
BUREAU PULLED:TRU / EFX
CREDIT SCORE:676
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: OH
NEW/USED:New
YEAR OF VEHICLE:2012
MAKE:Volkswagen
MODEL:Jetta TDi
MILEAGE:24
RETAIL/LEASE:Retail
AMOUNT OF LOAN:$25,914.99
TERM CONTRACTED:66
APR/LEASE RATE:1.40%
MONTHLY PAYMENT:$408.19
ANNUAL INCOME:$80,200
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: Trading my Escape for better MPG. Approved on the spot. Special VW credit financing was advertised. F&I manager explained that I could get 1.4% and take the 60 month rate to 66 if I purchased a VW service contract. It is a 4/100,000 wrap and was $1300. He explained that I could cancel within 30 days for 100% refund and keep the rate / term extension. Very happy with my purchase and looking forward to filling up half as much. 
WF Home Projects Visa $8500 / Towpath CU Visa $7000 / Chase Freedom Visa $5500 / Cap 1 QS Visa Sig $5000 / Barclaycard Ring MC $5000 / GE Lowes $5000 / Citi Best Buy MC $4250 / Barclaycard Rewards Visa $4000 / BFG CU Visa $3500 / Citi Sears$3000 / WF Visa $2000 / GE Walmart $1900 / GE Care Credit $1900 / GE Amazon $1400 / Cap 1 Kohls $1000 / GE Old Navy $800 / Webbank Fingerhut $700
Message 1006 of 4,736
Anonymous
Not applicable

APPROVING BANK: Toyota Financial
BUREAU PULLED: Unknown
CREDIT SCORE: Unknown, but it must be awfully close to whats in my signature below.
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: NJ
NEW/USED: New
MAKE: Toyota
MODEL: Prius
MILEAGE: 20
AMOUNT OF LOAN: $24,000
TERM CONTRACTED: 72
APR/LEASE RATE: 6.69%
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $400
ANNUAL INCOME: $70,000
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: As stated in a few of my earlier posts, I really needed to get a car to get back and forth to work reliably. Went with a Prius, and got a roaring deal on a Presidents Day sale that was extended. The FI manager finagled his way to get me a high Tier 2 rate from my oriignal Tier 6 rate as long as I bought the extended Toyota warranty. Was worth spending the extra $ per month to get this low rate, and I have the peace of mind to be covered bumper-to-bumper up until 6 years/125K miles.
The car will be paid off long before that 72nd month, or it will be traded in on something else!
Message 1007 of 4,736
bbb3601
Frequent Contributor

APPROVING BANK: TFS
BUREAU PULLED: TU
CREDIT SCORE: 676/658
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: Ohio
MAKE: Toyota
MODEL: Corolla
MILEAGE: 40
AMOUNT OF LOAN: 17240 + TT
TERM CONTRACTED: 60
APR/LEASE RATE: 1.9
MONTHLY PAYMENT:306
ANNUAL INCOME: 56
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: Car died do we had no choice but to pull the trigger. Just to think both of our scores were sub 600 in Jan. Thanks to myFICO we are tier 2 in 40 some days!!!  The bad.....this may delay our home purchase, but it had to be done.
NFCU Cash Rewards 20,000,NFCU Plat 17,000, NavCheck 15,000, USAA Cash 4,000, USSA Rate Adv 2,000, USAA AMEX 3,500, Freedom 2,000, Capital One 2,000, Barclay's Apple 1,500, Barclay's Ring 1500, Various Store Cards.

Message 1008 of 4,736
n777ua
Established Contributor

APPROVING BANK: Ford Motor Credit
BUREAU PULLED: EQ
CREDIT SCORE: 670
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: WI
MAKE: Ford
MODEL: Explorer
MILEAGE: 202
RETAIL/LEASE: Lease
AMOUNT OF LOAN: $9621.84
TERM CONTRACTED: 24
APR/LEASE RATE: 0%
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $400.91
ANNUAL INCOME: $107k
Comments: Ford red carpet lease, 24 months, $5k down which included the down payment, first months payment, misc fees., CH7 in 8/2004
About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 1009 of 4,736
phrza81
Valued Member

I have 2 bank approvals for a 2nd car loan, CHECK OUT THE APR DIFFERENCE OMG!
Both loans were submitted online same day within a 15min time span.
APPROVING BANK: CapitalONE (Blank Check)
BUREAU PULLED: EX (I think) 
CREDIT SCORE: EX: 630 (freecreditreport.com) TU: 655 EQ: 648 (TU and EQ score from Myfico.com)
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: CA
YEAR OF VEHICLE: Not purchased yet
MAKE: n/a
MODEL: n/a
MILEAGE: n/a
AMOUNT OF LOAN: Approved for $21,600
TERM CONTRACTED: 60 months
APR/LEASE RATE: 11.3% (with auto bill pay) or 11.6 (w/o auto bill pay)
MONTHLY PAYMENT: n/a
ANNUAL INCOME: 43k
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: This is a 2nd car loan, I have another auto loan I purchased back in mid 2010 with Chase.
Heres my OTHER Bank approval from CHASE Auto Finance... OMG the APR DIFFERENCE
APPROVING BANK: Chase Auto Finance (This is my 2nd auto loan with chase)
BUREAU PULLED: EX (I asked before I submitted an online application)
CREDIT SCORE: EX: 630 (freecreditreport.com) TU: 655 EQ: 648 (TU and EQ score from Myfico.com)
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE:
 CA
YEAR OF VEHICLE: n/a
MAKE: n/a
MODEL: n/a
MILEAGE: n/a
AMOUNT OF LOAN: $21,000
TERM CONTRACTED: 
60 months
APR/LEASE RATE: 4.6% (with a .50 discount for being a Chase checking and Money Market customer, I also have an open auto loan with them from back in mid 2010 with no lates.)
MONTHLY PAYMENT: n/a
ANNUAL INCOME: 43k
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY:
I am so shock with the difference in the APR. My first auto loan was at a 14.5% APR and I am so happy that I can get another auto loan for 4.6% APR, its telling me that Ive done something right with in a year and half time span.But thanks to Myfico.com and the people here, this is why, I can say thank you to all those that helped me improve my credit score

Message 1010 of 4,736
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.