Credit Score: 745
Customer State of Residence: Maryland
New/Used: Used
Year of Vehicle: 2013
Make: Nissan
Model: Altima
Mileage: 88,505
Retail/Lease: Retail
Amount of Loan: $9125 (GAP and Extended Warranty built in)
Term Contracted: 60 Months
APR/Lease Rate: 2.99%
Monthly Payment: $163
Annual Income: $70k
Debt to Income Ratio: 30%

Miscellaneous Commentary: Use the Alliant Car Buying Service powered by Truecar for an extra %0.5 APR reduction.

Personal cards:

Business cards:

Message 3891 of 4,736
abbotttl

Re: Auto Loan Approvals!

APPROVING BANK: America First Credit Union (Utah based)
BUREAU PULLED: Experian (Auto 08) and TU (Auto 08)
CREDIT SCORE: 666 / 698
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: UT
NEW/USED: NEW
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2018
MAKE: Chevrolet
MODEL: 3500HD
MILEAGE: 8
RETAIL/LEASE: Purchased
AMOUNT OF LOAN: $64,232 - $10k down = $54,232
TERM CONTRACTED: 72 months
APR/LEASE RATE: 6.4% (America First allows you to lower rate when you want see notes)
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $945
ANNUAL INCOME: $75000
DEBT TO INCOME RATIO: 9%
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: America First allows you to drop your rate without refinancing, fee is $25 and they do a hard pull. You just go to them when your credit score goes up to the next tier (so like 660 jumps to 720). They will drop your rate without doing a refinance. Very cool.

Message 3892 of 4,736
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approving BankNFCU preapproval (Blank Check)
Bureau Pulled: Equifax FICO Mortgage Score 5
Credit Score: 745
Customer State of Residence: Virginia
New/Used: New
Year of Vehicle: 2018
Make: BMW
Model: 540ix xDrive (custom build with M Sport Design)
Mileage: 0
Retail/Lease: Retail
Amount of Loan: $70K (but OTD price will be around $64.5K + NFCU GAP insurance cost of $299)
Term Contracted: 84 Months
APR/Lease Rate: 4.69%
Monthly Payment: TBD
Annual Income: $175K
Debt to Income Ratio: 33%

Miscellaneous Commentary: Used the USAA Auto Buying Program along with their $2K incentive.  Got a total of $8.5k off MSRP.  This is my 3rd auto loan with NFCU.  Been with them since 2002.  Last auto loan was in 2004 (paid off in 2012).  I keep my cars for several years.  I have had my current BMW for 14 years.  Tranny started going, so had to get a new vehicle.  Praise the LORD for His lovingkindness and faithfulness.  Debt will be paid off early!!

Message 3893 of 4,736
Anonymous
Not applicable

APPROVING BANK: Ford
BUREAU PULLED: Experian Auto Score 9
CREDIT SCORE: 717
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: PA
NEW/USED: New 
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2018
MAKE: Ford
MODEL: Expedition Max Platinum
MILEAGE: 8
RETAIL/LEASE: Lease
AMOUNT OF LOAN:  $78,775
TERM CONTRACTED: 36 Months
APR/LEASE RATE:  .5
MONTHLY PAYMENT: ~980
ANNUAL INCOME: $135,000
DEBT TO INCOME RATIO: 35%
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY:    Ordered in January 29, 2018 and finally took delivery on May 11

Message 3894 of 4,736
Anonymous
Not applicable

APPROVING BANK: Andrews Federal Credit Union

BUREAU PULLED: Transunion Auto 8

CREDIT SCORE: 719

CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: MD

NEW/USED: New or Used

MAKE: GMC  

MODEL: ACADIA MILEAGE: 0

RETAIL/LEASE: Retail

AMOUNT OF LOAN: 30000

TERM CONTRACTED: 72

APR/LEASE RATE: 2.24%

MONTHLY PAYMENT: 386

ANNUAL INCOME: 65112

DEBT TO INCOME RATIO: 31

MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: Just a preapproval; will finalize in the end of June. Pre-approvals good for 90 days.

Message 3895 of 4,736
TVP125
New Contributor

APPROVING BANK: JPMorgan Chase (Subaru)
BUREAU PULLED: Equifax
CREDIT SCORE: 660
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: Florida
NEW/USED: New
MAKE: Subaru
MODEL: Forester
MILEAGE: 7
AMOUNT OF LOAN: $25,400
TERM CONTRACTED: 60
APR/LEASE RATE: 6.19%
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $490
ANNUAL INCOME: $71,000
DEBT TO INCOME RATIO: No debt other then car payment
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: Chap 7 BK discharged May 7th 2017.. 

Thank You!
Message 3896 of 4,736
Differential

Thanks, everyone, for all the help this forum's been in getting ready for my car loan. This is my first post & I'm happy that it's an approval:

APPROVING BANK: Local Credit Union
BUREAU PULLED: All 3 (Dealer shopped around, not sure which was used)
CREDIT SCORE: 750
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: Texas
NEW/USED: New
MAKE: Chrysler
MODEL: Pacifica
MILEAGE: 10
AMOUNT OF LOAN: $40,000
TERM CONTRACTED: 48 months
APR/LEASE RATE: 2.75
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $880
ANNUAL INCOME: $200K
DEBT TO INCOME RATIO: 10%
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY:  I did the Capital One Auto-Navigator and was pre-qualifed for their lowest current rate of 3.24%. I went with them because I'm between jobs (my new one starts next week) and didn't want to provide POI, and have heard that they don't require this for good scores. Sure enough, they pre-qualified me without requesting POI; it may have helped that I've had a credit card with them for over a decade. I let the dealer shop around for a lower rate, and he got me into a local credit union for the 2.75% listed above. Looking at the CU's website, he probably tacked on an extra quarter of a percent or so, which I'm fine with. Overall a great experience.

Message 3897 of 4,736
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fr3shstart. What did they consider “short credit history”?? How'd you get around it in the end?

I never even thought about that aspect before (AAoA) but I may be in the same boat having lived overseas for 5 years and everything fell off my reports (both bad AND good) so despite having had 22 cars in my life, not a single loan shows up on my reports now?!? I’m up to 3 yrs total now, but my AAoA is only 1.6yrs they say. Hmmm... Def food for thought.

Read the past 20 pages and def steering clear of Toyota as they pull only EXP. who are my weakest link. Need a “TU only” dealer or mfg. I'm at 770 now with TU/EQ but god only knows what the real “auto” score will be?!?

BTW - While I have others’ eyes here - I can’t believe that I don’t know this; but what is this “gap insurance” I keep seeing everywhere? I understand the insurance you buy that covers you should you total your car and are upside down on your note. Is that the same thing? Allot of ppl buying it. Can’t say I ever have? But knock on wood, I've never had a wreck or ticket, ever. (KOD there for sure Smiley Happy)

Lastly, since there are hundreds of useless scoring sites out there - where can one go to get a perfectly accurate “FICO Auto 9 Report” before hitting the dealerships?

Thanks.
Message 3898 of 4,736
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@Anonymous. What did they consider “short credit history”?? How'd you get around it in the end?

I never even thought about that aspect before (AAoA) but I may be in the same boat having lived overseas for 5 years and everything fell off my reports (both bad AND good) so despite having had 22 cars in my life, not a single loan shows up on my reports now?!? I’m up to 3 yrs total now, but my AAoA is only 1.6yrs they say. Hmmm... Def food for thought.

Read the past 20 pages and def steering clear of Toyota as they pull only EXP. who are my weakest link. Need a “TU only” dealer or mfg. I'm at 770 now with TU/EQ but god only knows what the real “auto” score will be?!?

BTW - While I have others’ eyes here - I can’t believe that I don’t know this; but what is this “gap insurance” I keep seeing everywhere? I understand the insurance you buy that covers you should you total your car and are upside down on your note. Is that the same thing? Allot of ppl buying it. Can’t say I ever have? But knock on wood, I've never had a wreck or ticket, ever. (KOD there for sure Smiley Happy)

Lastly, since there are hundreds of useless scoring sites out there - where can one go to get a perfectly accurate “FICO Auto 9 Report” before hitting the dealerships?

Thanks.

GAP "insurance" covers the difference in a total loss versus your pay off amount (aka being underwater or upside down on your loan). I personally have never paid or taken GAP insurance, nor ever needed it but "GAP" is a big money maker for car dealers. If you choose to invest in GAP use your car insurance company/policy and you'll find its much cheaper, you can also always drop it once you pay your loan down rather than pay up front for the life of the loan.

As far as getting a complete Fico Report showing different versions and flavors - right here on this site or if you are satisfied with limit peeks for single scores many credit cards including almost all the majors offer a true FICO score on their sites (Discover, AmEx, NFCU, BoA, Chase, Wells Fargo....etc).

Message 3899 of 4,736
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks much @PipeGuy. I actually wrote all that and posted it from my phone but it then gave me multiple errors saying I needed to fix something and to “try again later”. So I finally gave up. Point being, I was just checking my mails and saw your reply and was pleasantly surprised (shocked!) that it did actually post after all. Cool Smiley Happy

Anyway. I’m with GEICO and we’ll see what the end numbers tally to and see if I even need GAP coverage. I typically put down allot to keep my payments low ($5k-$12k on a $40k SUV if I’m purchasing) and I too have never taken out gap coverage. But at least now I know for sure what it is should they hit me with it. Thanks.

Re: FICO - I was just reading a Motley Fool article on just how useless all these “free credit” sites really are, as FICO is really the only primary base score used by 90% of all lenders. I was asking about finding the “FICO Auto 9” one, as yes, I too do get my Discover and Wells and Amex FICO scores online or in my paper statements (Mint and Commerce Bank give me ones as well) And while Discover have me at 770, I moan allot about Wells Fargo on here - as they’re literally 6 months behind with updates and balances and my utilization and only have me at 685! Grrrr - Trying to recall Amex? I think they had me around 735 last I checked. But the point Motley and I’m making are, you can see 100 point differences in your scores depending on which software and model is being used. I’m golden with Vantage 3 - but any EXP-based scores are my nemesis. (CapOne comes to mind as they’re my lowest score at 676 but haven’t updated since NOV/2017!) - Conversely Discover treats me like gold and almost matched my Vantage scores. So I dunno?

I saw one post here that’s basically “me” but he’s from Utah. Same income, same scores, same utilization, same amount of credit lines and he got the same deal with MB CPO for 1.99% for 36 months at $223/mo. that I’m currently looking at too. That’s a deal I can sleep easy on. So we’ll see if I can duplicate that here one State over.

Cheers

BB
Message 3900 of 4,736
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.