NEW/USED: Used/CPO
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2019
MAKE: Tesla
MODEL: Model 3 Long Range
MILEAGE: 35k
FINANCE/LEASE: Finance

PURCHASE PRICE: $50k
AMOUNT OF LOAN: $51k
TERM CONTRACTED: 72 (will pay off in less than 3)
APR/LEASE RATE: 3.29%
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $785
ANNUAL INCOME: $160k
DEBT TO INCOME RATIO: 30%
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: Car was $50k + TTL (about $5k) plus CU GAP of $399. Put $4400 down. Should have car today. I was spending $500+ a month in gas on my truck, plus the $550 payment. Calculating charging and insurance costs the Tesla will actually save me almost $300 a month all in. 

Message 21 of 131
2b2rich
Established Contributor

Re: Auto Loan Approvals

APPROVING BANK: Capital One
BUREAU PULLED: Experian  
CREDIT SCORE: 625 (Fico Auto 5, 4,  & 2 I think which is 638. Fico Auto 8 & 9 were 670 & 689; all other scores are closer to and a little over 700)

SOFT PULL/HARD PULL: Prequalifying is a soft pull; hard pull after accepting their offer.
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: TX
NEW/USED: used
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2019 
MAKE: Dodge 
MODEL: Ram 1500 Classic Crew Cab
MILEAGE: 55,451
FINANCE/LEASE: Refinance

PURCHASE PRICE: $34,000
AMOUNT OF LOAN: $34,399 
TERM CONTRACTED: 72
APR/LEASE RATE: 6.7% was offered 6.25 for less time, but will be doubling payments on this one starting in Jan)
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $581
ANNUAL INCOME: $75k
DEBT TO INCOME RATIO: 33%
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: Chapter 7; January will be 3 years since discharge. No negatives other than the biggie Public record for the ch7.  Bought the truck in August and believed the high interest rate was from the BK7 (11.64 from Bridgecrest) so I've only made 2 payments (next one due on the 28th of this month). $30K total Revolving CLI and uti on revolving is currently at 10%.

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 22 of 131
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

APPROVING BANK: Toyota Financial Services
CREDIT SCORE: 823

SOFT PULL/HARD PULL: Hard Pull
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: New Hampshire
NEW/USED: New
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2022
MAKE: Toyota
MODEL: Tacoma TRD Sport
MILEAGE: 5

PURCHASE PRICE: $45,284 (which includes a number of post production accessories like a bed mat, remote tailgage lock, and other goodies)
AMOUNT OF LOAN: $38,802
TERM CONTRACTED: 48 Months
APR/LEASE RATE: 2.49%
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $850.61
ANNUAL INCOME: $230,000
DEBT TO INCOME RATIO: 0%
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: Filed Chapter 13 March of 2015, discharged March 2020, bankruptcy fell off my credit reports January 2022.  A few weeks later I put a deposit down on a fully tarted 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport with a 6-Speed Manual transmission, the dealer got an allocation in early August which *almost* matched my request, same build of options, but wrong color; I jumped on the allocation immediately.  The Tacoma was built in early September and I took delivery yesterday, I couldn't be happier.  Smiley Happy

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 23 of 131
QCS123
Established Contributor

APPROVING BANKSmiley Frustratedan Diego County Credit Union
BUREAU PULLED: EX
CREDIT SCORE: 717
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: CA
NEW/USED: Used
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2020
MAKE: Dodge
MODEL: RAM 2500
MILEAGE: $53,000
RETAIL/LEASE: retail
AMOUNT OF LOAN: $29,000. (Put down 25K to bring down loan amount and Monthly Payment)
TERM CONTRACTED: 60
APR/LEASE RATE: 5.54%
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $558
ANNUAL INCOME:  $250,000 
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: Clean FICO reports, 10% debt and unfortunately they pulled his lowest score. DH was approved through 4 places.  First Technology Credit Union at 6.46%, Navy Federal at 6.6%, Wells Fargo at 6.44%, and San Diego Credit Union at 5.54% and turned down through PenFed (I think because that one pulled my FICO too, but all the others just pulled DH's FICO- I have most all the debit on my side).  I think his debt ratio was 10%.  We are hoping to get a better rate and refi it, but don't know where else to apply in the next week and hopefully before the rates go up again.  

Message 24 of 131
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

Interesting update...

Prior to buying my new car a few weeks ago, my first since 2002, my only installment loan was an SSL from PenFed; given I no longer needed the SSL I paid it off and today I got the news regarding my scores, not good, but not surprising.  With the paying off of the old loan and the initiation of the new car loan, my FICO 8 dropped 29 points.  No worries from my perspective, I'm probably a year from applying for a mortgage and by then my scores should recover nicely.  Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 131
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

And another thing, prior to buying the new Tacoma I had reached the Emerald level in the Garden; I just removed my garden icon in my signature as I guess buying the new ride says I'm no longer gardening.  Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 131
mtnbikeman
Valued Member

@QCS123 wrote:
APPROVING BANKSmiley Frustratedan Diego County Credit Union
BUREAU PULLED: EX
CREDIT SCORE: 717
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: CA
NEW/USED: Used
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2020
MAKE: Dodge
MODEL: RAM 2500
MILEAGE: $53,000
RETAIL/LEASE: retail
AMOUNT OF LOAN: $29,000. (Put down 25K to bring down loan amount and Monthly Payment)
TERM CONTRACTED: 60
APR/LEASE RATE: 5.54%
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $558
ANNUAL INCOME:  $250,000 
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: Clean FICO reports, 10% debt and unfortunately they pulled his lowest score. DH was approved through 4 places.  First Technology Credit Union at 6.46%, Navy Federal at 6.6%, Wells Fargo at 6.44%, and San Diego Credit Union at 5.54% and turned down through PenFed (I think because that one pulled my FICO too, but all the others just pulled DH's FICO- I have most all the debit on my side).  I think his debt ratio was 10%.  We are hoping to get a better rate and refi it, but don't know where else to apply in the next week and hopefully before the rates go up again.  

Shameless plug for Interior FCU. They refi'd me at 2.24% with scores not too far off from yours. Tier 1 for them is 1.99%... you should really call them. 

Message 27 of 131
Elkab
Visitor

APPROVING BANK: Hyundai Motor Finance
CREDIT SCORE:780

SOFT PULL/HARD PULL:hard pull
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE:
NEW/USED:New
YEAR OF VEHICLE:2023
MAKE:Hyundai 
MODEL: Elantra SEL Convenience Pckg
MILEAGE: 20

PURCHASE PRICE: $24,535
AMOUNT OF LOAN: $24,841 (doc processing fees)
TERM CONTRACTED: 36m
APR/LEASE RATE: 0% APR
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $690
ANNUAL INCOME: ~72k
DEBT TO INCOME RATIO: no clue 😅
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: this was a promotional offer 36m finance for 0% Apr with a 90 day payment deferral, so my first payment will be in Feb 2023. 

edit to add: Residence: NE

Message 28 of 131
Gmoney144
Regular Contributor

I meant to do this last month.  
Approval Bank: Adelphi Federal Credit Union

Bureau Pulled : Experian 

Customer State of Residence: California 

New/Used: New

Make: Tesla 

Model: Model 3 Long Range

Mileage 16

Finance/Lease : Finance

Purchase Price: $64,000

Amount if loan : $60,000

Term contracted: 72 months

Apr/Lease rate 2.90

Monthly Payment: 920

Annual income $160,000

Debt to income ratio 10%

Miscellanous Commentary:  I was concerned that I wasn't able to get a low interest rate because the Tesla that was reserved was not scheduled to arrive until December/January time frame. Luckily , it came in early October.  After searching numerous credit unions in the SoCal area, I found a small credit Union in Orange County (Adelphi). Their rates were a full point lower than any credit union in the area.  Painless process and glad I receive my car early!  

Business Cards
Message 29 of 131
805orbust
Valued Contributor

@Horseshoez  dude... that score... phenomenal job. We've talked about your BK before but that is just awesome. Way to do your rebuild my friend. 

Message 30 of 131
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.