cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Loan Company Throws 30 Day Late Notice After Was Told Account Was Paid Up, Legal Or Illegal?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto Loan Company Throws 30 Day Late Notice After Was Told Account Was Paid Up, Legal Or Illegal?

So, After Paying an Ammount to the Loan Company For a Cruze that my mother owned that i paid for her We were told the account was paid in full, I get told that the loan company gave her a 30 Day Late Payment Ding on her Credit after having a Near 600 Credit Score On the Experian Report and Near Across the Board Of Burearus. After the Fact they told us the account was paid in full for the months payment due, Is that Considered illegal what they did or are they allowed to do that after the fact they told us it was paid up to date. Or Can she sue them for damaging her credit report, And Reporting False Info..

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Re: Auto Loan Company Throws 30 Day Late Notice After Was Told Account Was Paid Up, Legal Or Illegal

Having a little trouble following your post.

To me it sounds like you were told your Mom's loan was paid up...

Does this mean she was indeed late and you caught her payments?

Message 2 of 3
Kree
Established Contributor

Re: Auto Loan Company Throws 30 Day Late Notice After Was Told Account Was Paid Up, Legal Or Illegal

Something similar happened to me. A rounding error during payment between my credit union, the dealership, and the financial company, left me with a balance of 26 cents due.  Which then proceeded to generate late reports, and delayed the release of the title.

Call the company, explain the situation, they will likely admit fault and remove the 30d late.  If they don't then use your paperwork showing that the account was paid in full to dispute the 30d.  If it comes back verified, then you can consider legal options, but until this process has happened you don't have legal recourse.

I think you are most likely to find that it will be corrected long before you get to a litigable stage.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.