cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Loan Cosign Now Showing?

tag
aocpix

Auto Loan Cosign Now Showing?

I was looking over my credit report and noticed my husband's auto loan that I co-signed for isn't reporting on my end. It's in both of our names, but only showing on his credit report and score not mine... Could I call the bank to ask if they would report the account to my bureaus & if so, will this be a score increase? We've never been late & are in good standing.

Needing 14+ points for refinance!!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Auto Loan Cosign Now Showing?

How recently did you purchase the car ? Have you checked all three of your reports ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 5
aocpix

Yes, checked all three. The loan is a little over a year old. The thing that is crazy is that my car loan company only reports to two of the three, equifax and transunion, but not experian. Experian is my lowest score. I would think by adding this loan this is supposed to be reporting anyway would help. I wish I could know for sure. We've never been late on it.
Message 3 of 5
aocpix

Sorry to be confusing, my car loan (1) shows on two of three. Husbands truck/auto loan (2) shows on all bureaus but doesn't show on mine even though I am a cosigner.
Message 4 of 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Well if it's not reporting anywhere then I'd call the creditor and ask about it. If you're a co signer then it should show up.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.