Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Loan approval - then a refi

tag
high_lander
Established Member

Auto Loan approval - then a refi

So I went to the local credit union (DATCU) and approval for 32K. Well of course the dealers list vehicle prices online that include the cashback if you use their financing. So standard FMCC rate is 6%, and we were approved at DATCU for 1.9. Emailed the very helpful lady at DATCU asking her about this and she says they doi all the time and that she did it on her last purchase.

Hopefully I will be driving a new Ford F150 next week or so.

Starting Score: 590
Current Score: TU 712 EQ 704 (both from myFICO)
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Re: Auto Loan approval - then a refi

There may be some limited cash back that is only applicable if you finance with their captive lender. But the majority of rebate offers I see are just tied to the vehicle or some affiliation such as military / college grad / conquest from a different manufacturer on trade in / etc. I know this may vary depending on where you are in the country (I'm in So Cal). My bet would be that the 1.9% interest over the life of the loan would beat the rebate. If the dealer really wants to sell the truck then you might get the equivalent of the rebate in a dealer price reduction.

Hope you have fun making the deal and enjoy your new ride. Being pre-approved with financing at that level is a wonderful thing.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.