cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Title Loan-need your advice please.

tag
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Auto Title Loan-need your advice please.

Good Mornig All!

I'm looking to pay off some debt. I am an AU on one of my parents CC.  I am responsible for $8,500 worth of debt.  I'm making monthly payemntes, but I want to pay this off as soon as possible.  I should be getting back about $5,000 from my income taxes in the spring.  This means I will still owe about $3,500.  This debt in THERE name is really causing me some stresss.  My parents are not pushing me in any way, but I need to at a minimum take this debt off there name and put it in my name.  

So my question is, is there a bank or C.U. that will offer me a title loan on a 2004 Lincoln Aviator for $3,500?  I own it free and clear, and its KBB trade in  value is $4,500-$4,900.  I know this is probably not the best route to take, but I really need to get this debt off my parents name and on my name.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance for your insight! 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Auto Title Loan-need your advice please.

I would just work on your personal credit and get a credit card... $3500 is not to much and if you can get your scores over 650 can probably get something like Barclay or chase slate.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.