Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto loan and Card apps

tag
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Auto loan and Card apps

So I figured this may be the best place to ask. I'm planning to add 3 to 4 cards to my file as well a car lease in the next 3 to 4 months. I want to get this done now to minimize new apps over the next two years (for a mortgage) and take advantage of left over pricing once 2019s come out.

Fico 8s in sig, Auto optimized all over 700 and going up, Bankcard and mortgage scores all near 700 and going up. How much would new cards impact an auto loan? Is there a strategy and timing I should shoot for? The cards should only result in one or two HPs (maybe 1 per CRA)
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
2 REPLIES 2
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Re: Auto loan and Card apps

I would probably do the car loan first.

If you are not a member with PenFed you may want to blow an EQ HP, join and see if you can get a CC and Auto Loan approval.

Message 2 of 3
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Re: Auto loan and Card apps

Does PenFed do leases?
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.