Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto loan through PNC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto loan through PNC

I’m looking for a new vehicle and was thinking about going through Pnc bank. I was just approved for a credit card through them for 10k. I bank with them too. Would my chances of a loan diminish because I just got a credit card through them?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Re: Auto loan through PNC

@Anonymous wrote:
I’m looking for a new vehicle and was thinking about going through Pnc bank. I was just approved for a credit card through them for 10k. I bank with them too. Would my chances of a loan diminish because I just got a credit card through them?

A new car loan is a debt that is secured by the vehicle being purchased. Credit card debt is an unsecured debt which puts the bank more at risk. As long as your credit file is average or above then I see no reason why your bank would not approve a new car loan as long as your DTI is acceptable to the UWs of your bank.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 2 of 3
CCrew
Regular Contributor

Re: Auto loan through PNC

PNC if your score supports it is currently at 3.74% for their best rate if you make the payment automatically from your PNC account, or 4.04% if you don't bank with them. Your chances with them would only diminish if the new account dropped your scores below their UW numbers. With them giving a 10k CLI on a CC I'd say your chances are probably very good for approval.  

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.