Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto loan w/ eq 670

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto loan w/ eq 670

Thank you all for your reply! I appreciate your words and wisdom!

Rev - I never had auto loan before Smiley Sad So I will wait at least my TU Fico is 740 (assuming my auto enhanced score will be around 700). Or, find bank or CU that will go by just EQ Fico (DCU)!

MovingFoward_2012 - My TU Fico is 660, I am so proud of my progress but not in the sweeet spot yet Smiley Happy! I didn't think I would be approved for both Amex.. Although I should've waited because I applied BCE first then should've done SP for PRG, well Smiley Happy I learned my lesson! 

I am so envious that you got Freedom... I need something Visa and Freedom sounds per-fecto!  Rumor says that Chase use Vantage... which mine sucks lol and they actually review revolving credit history which I do not have Smiley Sad Just years of SL which Chase does not care (reading many wisdoms from the forum Smiley Happy)

At the same time, I am starting to have not so good experience with public transportation and maybe just go with the high APR Smiley Happy 

Message 11 of 17
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Iv heard people with lower scores get zero percent with Toyota. Id go to the dealer and find out what they can do.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you tooleman694 for your words and wisdom!

I decided to wait until next year - just want to be confident with my score so that I don't have to beg to the dealers (kind of worried about them.. that they can from anywhere up to 2.5%, scary Smiley Sad)

Thank you!

Message 13 of 17
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

I respect your conservatism OP. I would let your AMEX cards age for a year or two and then try for a Freedom. I was barely approved for the Freedom...Chase is tough but their reconsideration process is very forgiving. They didn't like that my highest limit card reported for only 7 months and they were kinda saying my oldest revolver from 2009 barely made the cut. I think I got a really super nice rep when I asked for a reconsideration.

Good luck to you OP, you are on your way and moving forward! Smiley Very Happy
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you MovingForward_2012, as always.

My ultimate goal w/ Chase is for CSP, which for now I will never be approved. So I want to start Chase Freedom then hopefully PC to CSP (not sure if it is even possible, will search around!)

I was even surprised that AMEX approved me, even though it is only $2000 limit, it is very BIG for me since I started from $500 Cap1 secured.  I only had Cap1 for couple of months and had SLs but, I am still pleasantly shocked Smiley Happy

Thank you for your words and wisdom, I appreciate it!

Message 15 of 17
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

I have heard PCing to a CSP is possible. I was declined after recon for the CSP and that is when I tried for the Freedom. I hope to have a CSP one day too! I hope to actually keep the Freedom and get a CSP...you can get both cards.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 16 of 17
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Oh and $2000 is not bad at all! I was initially approved for $2000 on the Cap1 cash rewards card and I just got an auto CLI of $500. The min CL on the CSP is $5000, which would be nice for the both of us! Smiley Happy
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.