cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto loan

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
New Visitor

Auto loan

Hi so I’m 21 in the Coast gaurd. And I’m looking to apply for a car loan of 22000 with Navy federal.I have a credit score of 485 due to past some employment issues. But recently paid off my old car loan from being in a accident. And paid off both my credi card to 20% utilization and paid off my other line of credit. And I’m in the military now so making payments won’t be a problem. Do you think I can get a approved? And should I wait until those things factor into my credit report to apply or what?
3 REPLIES 3
Frequent Contributor

Re: Auto loan

I am no expert, but I dont think 485 would be high enough to qualify for a loan.  If you do manage to get a loan, the rate will be crazy high.  I suggest you wait and see where you end up after everything posts to your scores.   If nothing else, the higher scores will get you a better rate/payment.

I would also expect you will need a co-signer unless there is a drastic score increase.  Again, this is very much my personal take.  NFCU might very well have programs for current military folks I am unaware of. 

Good luck!

6/5/18 EQ-775, TU-778, EX-771
Last HP - 2/27/18 - Gardening as long as possible
Message 2 of 4
Frequent Contributor

I doubt navy fcu will be able to fund a loan at tbat score unfortunately. I would definitely work on rebuilding before seeking a loan or it will cost you substantially more than it should.
Message 3 of 4
Frequent Contributor

You will be able to find financing somehwere through lender's like Exeter, Santander, CPS, Skopos, etc...however as other's have said the interest rate will be in the 20-25%+ range with that kind of score. If you are looking for a 20k+ auto loan, I STRONGLY suggest working on your scores first before purchasing in order to save yourself thousands in the future. It sounds like you currently have a vehicle, what's wrong with it? I would suggest keeping your paid off vehicle while rebuilding credit.

AMEX BCE ($39,500) CITI AAdvantage ($20,500) Region's Platinum Card ($14,400) Discover IT ($23,000) Macy's ($7,000) Chase FU ($10,000) Barclay's Aviator ($22,000) TU:778 EX: 781 EQ:791
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.