Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto repo... Yes or no

tag
cpt
Established Member

Auto repo... Yes or no

Do anyone have any knowledge and/or opinions about having  a vountarily auto repo if you have the followinig recent factors: 1) Fico = 490, 2) two chapter 13 dismissals, 3) home foreclosure and 4) upside down on vehicle by approximately $13,000? Oh,, did I mention it is not gas efficient!
(2005 Chrysler 300)   Smiley Mad
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto repo... Yes or no

From a FICO perspective - it can't ding your score much more than it already is. I am sorry to say but your score is such that almost no lender will give you a loan so I can't forsee this doing appreciably any more harm. If that is what you need to do financially, don't like FICO hold you back.
Message 2 of 6
cpt
Established Member

Thank u for your reply!
Message 3 of 6
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

I would say if you want to let it go back...then i say do it! Their is always a rebuilding phase that can take place! Just know that its going to be tough getting a loan anywhere else!
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I must say.... hold on to your auto loan. All other posters are right, it will be next to impossible for you to get a loan by yourself for a while. Perhaps you can use your car as a vehicle to getting a better score. Can refinance with a co-signer?
Message 5 of 6
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Yea that a good point!
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.