cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEST Credit Union 4 REFI with EX OR TRANS?

tag
2014now
Established Member

BEST Credit Union 4 REFI with EX OR TRANS?

Hey Guys!

My score jumped 25 pts temporarily and I want to take advantage of it by refinancing my car. I would love to use my highest FICO scores with EX & Transunion but I'm just seeking some quick advice! Which is the best Credit Union and/or bank to go with? Appreciate any tips please! My current scores according to FICO score 8:

EQ - 701

TRANS - 726

EX - 729

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BEST Credit Union 4 REFI with EX OR TRANS?

Try Blinker Financial. They softpull experian and tell you what your rate is without a hard pull.
Message 2 of 11
2014now
Established Member

Thank you!!
Message 3 of 11
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Even with your lowest score (700+) I'd suggest DCU (I think uses EQ5) or NFCU (TU I think, at least for CC's) - these are CU's I have experience with both are excellent - anyone can join DCU btw.

Message 4 of 11
marty56
Super Contributor

RBFCU (TU)

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pipeguy wrote:

Even with your lowest score (700+) I'd suggest DCU (I think uses EQ5) or NFCU (TU I think, at least for CC's) - these are CU's I have experience with both are excellent - anyone can join DCU btw.

+1

Message 6 of 11
marty56
Super Contributor

I forgot to add that RBFCU sometimes approves for a carloan and credit card at the same time.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

YMMV

However blinker gave me 3.79% refinance on a used auto for 72 months.

That’s better than dcu and nfcu best refinance-used rates top tier.

especially for scores like mine.
Message 8 of 11
2014now
Established Member

I noticed my "Fico Auto 8" version is way lower than my regular FICO score 8. Do they mostly pull only from the Auto score? obviously right?

@pipeguy wrote:

Message 9 of 11
2014now
Established Member

thanks!

@marty56 wrote:

I forgot to add that RBFCU sometimes approves for a carloan and credit card at the same time.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.