cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMW Approved! :)

tag
endlessroam

Re: BMW Approved! :)

Wow, I'm new to this forum (long time viewer lol) but it hasn't taken me long at all to see that you have a fantastic taste in cars. 

I have an M340i currently, and hope to be at even a fraction of your level one day. 

Message 11 of 19
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Endlessroam!!! I'm happy you're a long time lurker!! Thank you for the kind words! DW doesn't think I do.... Also M340 is a crazy cool car, like a rocket cause it's light! I got to use one as a loaner not too long ago!

Message 12 of 19
Doodles
Established Member

Congrats!  I was looking at ordering a GT when they came out a couple of years back.  Chase had recently become the captive lender for McLaren after their split with Ally.

who did you finance the GT with?  Mind providing some datapoints?  (Lender, FICO, buerau, down payment and payment / term?)

Starting Score: 529
Current Score: 631
Goal Score: 740

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 19
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

O'gara coach went through Chase, pulled EX and TU! 

Fico score8 834(EX) 821(TU), down payment was structured at $40k $3040/mo,  36 month lease 7500 miles

Message 14 of 19
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

Nice fast cars! I had a BMW M5 that was nothing but trouble; it spent more time in the shop than on the road! My last BMW (a 340i) was bought back by BMW under California's Lemon Law. I hope your experience is better than mine!

But I have to say, if you really want a hot car, you'll give up those coal-burners and get an electric vehicle. My 2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition will beat both the M5 and the McLaren off the line! (Of course, you'll catch me in the first mile, but it would be a fun race). Electric is not only essentially maintenance-free, but electrons are cheaper than gasoline and instant torque makes them hard to beat!

Iced Blue GTPE Rt Side.jpg

Message 15 of 19
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Ehhh I mean Carwow and other places have shown M5 Comp at 0-60 at 2.7 sec, mustang is much slower??. 

I like ICE cars wayyyyy too much... I'm looking at a 992 Turbo S with the lightweight package 2.0 sec 0-60. Something about electric rubs me the wrong way... it's too quiet.. also a friend of mine took his Tesla plaid and brakes failed at a racetrack car had like 1k miles on the odometer. Tesla (largest EV manufacturer) has been known to have very horrible quality. 

Eventually i know everyone will switch to electric but I'll enjoy ICE and maybe a hybrid engine attached for the time being!! I actually met a C-suite executive of Lucid motors in fashion island, coincidentally he drives a S580 hahahaha 

Message 16 of 19
Doodles
Established Member

Creditplz, I couldn't agree more with your stance.  I think the EV cars are soulless shapeless bubbles.  They don't make cool sounds, they don't make cool smells (have you ever smelled the exhaust of a mid-90s Ferrari?).

It's like driving around a MacBook Pro.

Like you, I also understand that they may do away with ICE powered vehicles someday:  but until that day, someone has to drive the cool ones, and that someone is gonna be ME.

Starting Score: 529
Current Score: 631
Goal Score: 740

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 19
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

@Doodles wrote:

Creditplz, I couldn't agree more with your stance.  I think the EV cars are soulless shapeless bubbles.  They don't make cool sounds, they don't make cool smells (have you ever smelled the exhaust of a mid-90s Ferrari?).

It's like driving around a MacBook Pro.

Like you, I also understand that they may do away with ICE powered vehicles someday:  but until that day, someone has to drive the cool ones, and that someone is gonna be ME.

Laugh at EVs all you want! ICE cars are like horses: In the 19th century, we used them for transportation; now we use them solely for sport and recreation. In the 20th century, we all drove ICE cars for transportation. Soon they will be relegated solely to sport and recreation!

I charge my EVs via my solar array and can't remember the last time I paid for gasoline. You guys in your hot dinosaur cars must have a significant monthly gasoline budget! Smiley LOL

Message 18 of 19
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Correct. I will gladly continue to pay the $6/gallon of gas while smiling haha.
EV just lack driver connection IMO.. and I don't own solar :/ or lease it but maybe in 10 years! 

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.