Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMW FS “Affected by natural disaster” remark

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BMW FS “Affected by natural disaster” remark

I woke up to a notification saying BMW Financial Services added an "Affected by natural disaster" remark to my loan on my credit report. I have never missed a payment and did not request for this.

Did this happen to anyone else too? Should I dispute?

4 REPLIES 4
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: BMW FS “Affected by natural disaster” remark

Some lenders have been adding by default. It should not affect your scores. You can call and ask for it to be removed. Some lenders have granted request.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have them remove it. If you seek new auto credit many banks are not writing loans without proof that the account is not in forbearance.

Message 3 of 5
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

There is nothing to be concerned about.  Remarks do not affect credit scoring. This shows up on some of my accounts from time to time when we have severe weather in New England.  The note is simply there to explain any possible recent late payments or escalating balances upon a manual review.

Disputing a valid account is not only a bad idea, but against the Terms of Service on the myFICO Forums.

Message 4 of 5
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Have them remove it. If you seek new auto credit many banks are not writing loans without proof that the account is not in forbearance.

It wasn't all that long ago in a previous career that I was a Finance Manager at a very large automotive network in the midwest.  I can tell with a degree of certainty, that remarks on a credit report isn't going to change much of anything as it relates to an approval. 

If the deal is structured right and the customer had the right amount of money to put down then it was a done deal.  I have financed a many of folks who were hours, yes hours, outside of a BK and the deal was done.  I obtained financing for customers who were in an active repo and even had their old car picked up from our dealership.  

Any good finance manager knows how to get just about any deal bought with the right down payment.  I kept my look to book ratio tight, I had captives in my back pocket, and credit unions that would get down and dirty and operate as a full spectrum lender for me.  They'd buy my A paper as well as my F paper.   I could get a 130 call any day of the week and twice on Sunday.  I can't tell you how many times I've written subprime deals with 110 on the front and 20 on the back without a lender even blinking an eye.  And don't even get my started on my best friends back then...Acadia, TransSouth, AutoOne, Chase Custom, and Credit Acceptance.  Remarks as it relates to auto loans mean nothing.

OP, don't worry about the remarks.  You can ask to have it removed if you like but more than likely it was automation that put it there.  

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.