Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMW Financial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BMW Financial

Currentl Lease an X5 this is my 3rd lease with BMW. In 7-8 months my lease will be up and I will be looking for another BMW. Super scared my Credit has a few late payments from 2 years back for a College Loan that this will destroy me for approval. My Current Scores as of 5/15/19

Experian - 723 (shows the late payments)

Fico Auto Score - 8 - 738

EQ - 733

TU - 762

No matter how many times I dispute these late payments (4) from 2 years ago aren't coming off.  They are with Nelnet.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: BMW Financial

Near the end of your lease I woulds take a copy of your CR and go to a local CU that does leases and see what they say.  It may not cost an INQ but if they want you to apply, you can if you want and if they pull from the CRA that BMW does, the 2nd INQ may not count since it is for an auto loan.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 8
Caardvark
Frequent Contributor

BMW Financial uses FICO 8 Auto. I can't speak for their leases but for their top-tier rate to buy a BMW a 700 score is needed. 

I would assume a similar score is required to lease at the best rates. However, my advice would be to call the Finance Manager at the BMW dealer. They're more than willing to share what score is required.

Message 3 of 8
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Currentl Lease an X5 this is my 3rd lease with BMW. In 7-8 months my lease will be up and I will be looking for another BMW. Super scared my Credit has a few late payments from 2 years back for a College Loan that this will destroy me for approval. My Current Scores as of 5/15/19

Experian - 723 (shows the late payments)

Fico Auto Score - 8 - 738

EQ - 733

TU - 762

No matter how many times I dispute these late payments (4) from 2 years ago aren't coming off.  They are with Nelnet.

I would think you would not have any issues.  

You have a history with BMW and your scores are over 700.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your scores are solid, you have a long and I assume solid relationship with BMW and the lates are 2 years old.  I am sure you will be fine.  As the lates age they have less impact a lender that has a long relationship with you knows very well if you pay on time.  Also BMW needs to move cars (they all do) so they have every incentive to lease you your next car.

Message 5 of 8
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Your score is higher that 675 so you're good to go for the highest tier.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does BMW pull all 3 FICO 8 Auto scores and take the mid score or do they rely on one bureau?  

And can anyone confirm what score ranges they assign to the top 2 tiers?

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bmw of mt Laurel, NJ finance manager told me their tier 1 is 720+ Experian FICO 8 Auto and 700+ tier 2. I applied with 686 and they shopped me to 3rd parties which quoted me 8.19%.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.