Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMW - TIER 1 Approval : Low FICO Scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BMW - TIER 1 Approval : Low FICO Scores

Sorry for starting a New thread on this.Just wanted to share with all..

My Sister - in law got approved for a lease on new 328 XI - standard lease rates.She applied online and got approval in few mins.Called Customer Service and got to know that they approved her for TIER 1.

Her FICO's are on the low side : EQ : 642 and TU : 656, EX : Dont know.

They pulled EX .She has two 30 days late payments on her past auto loan from May 2006 , which was closed out successfully in May ,2010 and another current auto loan cosigned for my Brother and may be that contributed to her getting TIER 1 rates?

I guess BMW only wants to see if you have any successful closed Auto loans on your CR.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Re: BMW - TIER 1 Approval : Low FICO Scores

BMW Financial may have used auto enhanced scoring. in which case, her scores could have been higher than what you posted.

There are other factors to be considered when getting an auto loan, such as income, length at job, etc.

You can have mid 700 fico's and still get turned down if your income doesn't support the payment...at least, that's my guess.

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Successful close goes a long way with any financing company.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Leases do not "Tier"  the same way financed transactions work.

With no information on how much she put down, how long the lease, what mileage and what payment, we have no way of knowing exactly how great a deal she got.

Closed loan history do work well, but with no othe rknowledge,  Her income, DTI or anything else we have no way of knowing what kind of deal or what all parameters applied.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.