Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMW steered me away from their select financing

tag
lonerower
New Contributor

BMW steered me away from their select financing

I purchased a BMW last month with a standard loan from BMW.  I found it unusual that the dealer and financing manager steered me away from their select program.  For those not familiar with this type it is a lease like payment with an end of term large payment due for the balance of the loan.  Like a standard loan with the down payment at the end but payment closer to a lease.  I explained that I had access to plenty of credit and cash for the end of the loan due amount.  If I was not going to buy they were insistent that I go with a lease instead of the select.  I feel there was a back door reason for the push to not do the select program.  They explained the reason was that the select program was designed for Texas residents because of some tax issue with a lease.  I feel like their is more to it.

Does anyone have any idea why the dealer would not want me to do their in house select program?  I know its possible they were looking out for my best interest but I always consider the source.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: BMW steered me away from their select financing

@lonerower wrote:

I purchased a BMW last month with a standard loan from BMW.  I found it unusual that the dealer and financing manager steered me away from their select program.  For those not familiar with this type it is a lease like payment with an end of term large payment due for the balance of the loan.  Like a standard loan with the down payment at the end but payment closer to a lease.  I explained that I had access to plenty of credit and cash for the end of the loan due amount.  If I was not going to buy they were insistent that I go with a lease instead of the select.  I feel there was a back door reason for the push to not do the select program.  They explained the reason was that the select program was designed for Texas residents because of some tax issue with a lease.  I feel like their is more to it.

Does anyone have any idea why the dealer would not want me to do their in house select program?  I know its possible they were looking out for my best interest but I always consider the source.

^^^My answer is a SWAG answer (Scientific Wild As* Guess):  My guess is that the lease gets a the dealership a larger commission than the select program. The select program is used to draw you in and then the dealer switches you to a lease. Smiley Frustrated

Others here may know the real answer....

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.