Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad Credit (480 or under) need an auto loan

tag
hoang817
Regular Contributor

Bad Credit (480 or under) need an auto loan

Hello guys,

I've been taking the train to work for the past 3 months and finnally decided for car around $15k max.

take home  around $3500/month 

credit score on all 3 are bad 480 and or under

can you guys give me a couple of auto loan companies that i can take the loan anywhere i wanted to?

Capital One denied.

Thank you

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bad Credit (480 or under) need an auto loan

Perhaps Westlake Financial? Definitely research them on this site as not everyone has good things to say about them, but sounds like you're not in a position to be too choosy and if they approve you, it could help boost your score. I have my car loan with them and haven't had any problems, but the interest rate is high. I plan to pay the balance off after a year of payments, which comes in Feb. Getting the loan with them did boost my score quite a bit. Good luck!

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@hoang817 wrote:

Hello guys,

I've been taking the train to work for the past 3 months and finnally decided for car around $15k max.

can you guys give me a couple of auto loan companies that i can take the loan anywhere i wanted to?

Capital One denied.

Thank you

It's not worth it. Keep taking the train for now. Start working on your credit. You've made it 3 months taking the train. It may not be ideal, but neither is the interest rate you're going to get. What I think would be wise is bring your expectations way down. Look for a cheap but reliable used car for around 3-5k. Save some money up and buy it cash. 

Message 3 of 5
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@hoang817 wrote:

Hello guys,

Capital One denied.

Thank you

It's not worth it. Keep taking the train for now. Start working on your credit. You've made it 3 months taking the train. It may not be ideal, but neither is the interest rate you're going to get. What I think would be wise is bring your expectations way down. Look for a cheap but reliable used car for around 3-5k. Save some money up and buy it cash. 

+1 I agree totally. Why are your scores so low? Trying to finance  15K you are going to be paying loanshark interest and that's if you could find a lenderSmiley Sad

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 4 of 5
lordbuffington
Established Member

I feel for you as I was in your shoes. In 2013 I got a new car with $2000 down and $800 trade. The company that approved me was called Exeter Finance. I traded out of that 3 years later, leased, and will be a tier 1 lease in March when I turn this vehicle in. Don't be discouraged but work on improving, too. Good luck!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.