Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Before applying for penfed car loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Before applying for penfed car loan

Hey guys so I'm about to apply for a new vehicle loan by Tuesday with Penfed. A few concern/questions and looking for some guidance here. As of now my TU fico credit score is 736 and EQ 724. My report is clean don't have anything negative at all. I've had 3 car loans all paid in full and my most recent car loan of $58k paid off last year with penfed. I do have a private loan of $15k I'm paying off and have a credit card for $14k with penfed but about to transfer it at 0% interest with cap one. Carrying some obvious debt here as I've been out of work for a year do to getting hit by a car. But back to work I go and I need a car lol.
So my question is should I apply before I make the 0% balance transfer? If they deny me I would use the fact that they aren't updating my credit report that credit card has a zero balance now and transfer the balance that day? Or should I transfer the balance and have the penfed credit card show zero balance than apply after? What do you guys think?? Penfed can be a pain sometimes when it comes to getting approved.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Before applying for penfed car loan

Um ok anyone?? lol
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think scores or DTI is going to be your hurdle. Long term loans like auto and mortgage like income consistency and employment consistency. Might be tricky just starting back to work to show what they may want to see if its been a while since you worked.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is my second loan with penfed both for similar amount ($58k,$60k). So they have all of my income info which is over six figures so the data is there. I went ahead and applied just now 🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽 and it's being looked at by the underwriter. So hopefully I can get some good news tomorrow.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.