Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Auto Rate for 710 FICO

tag
MrCredit
Established Contributor

Best Auto Rate for 710 FICO

I am currently a member of PSECU who offers a 2.49% for 60 months on new or used, is there a bank or CU

that someone can suggest with a better rate lol, I know how much better can you get, just curious?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Re: Best Auto Rate for 710 FICO

I'm no expert at this but that seems a pretty good rate.  To get better than that, you're probably going to have to go with dealer financing.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Seriously, I'm not sure that you will be able to beat that rate ~ you might get a dealer offering .9% or maybe 1.9% but the difference in your monthly payment would be very small.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, keep in mind, you may sometimes save money by taking the PSECU financing over dealer financing.  Sometimes those promo rates preclude you from taking certain cash back offers, where you can choose cash back or the promo rate.  If that is the case, usually you would take the cash back and get the outside financing.  On a personal note, I may actually choose PSECU in the future just to build a nice strong relationship with them.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Also, keep in mind, you may sometimes save money by taking the PSECU financing over dealer financing.  Sometimes those promo rates preclude you from taking certain cash back offers, where you can choose cash back or the promo rate.  If that is the case, usually you would take the cash back and get the outside financing.  On a personal note, I may actually choose PSECU in the future just to build a nice strong relationship with them.

+1

Message 5 of 7
cahiatt
Contributor

I think the only better option I know of is Pentagon Federal Credit Union. The have 1.99% for new and used up to 48 months and also have 1.49% new and used if you purhcase through their auto buying program (penfed.zag.com)

I have two refinanced car loans through them now at 1.99% and my scores were about 705 based on mortgage pull in December. Not sure what the auto enhanced scores are.

Starting Score: 594 (Dec 10, 2010)
Score: 758 (March, 2013
Goal Score: 730 on all (by end of 2012)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrCredit wrote:

I am currently a member of PSECU who offers a 2.49% for 60 months on new or used, is there a bank or CU

that someone can suggest with a better rate lol, I know how much better can you get, just curious?

Something I just thought of, PSECU actually will give 1.49% for 36 month or less loans.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.