cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying a new vehicle while waiting for discharge papers

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
New Visitor

Buying a new vehicle while waiting for discharge papers

I completed my final payment to the trustee, for our chapter 13, 4 weeks ago. I emailed my attorney about having to get a new vehicle since mine needs repairs that will cost more than what it is worth. He told me I can try because by the time he puts a motion to incur debt, the case should be discharged. I emailed my trustees office and they emailed me a letter saying all payments were completed and they have forwarded the paperwork to the courts. We also have signed the required paperwork and taken the second financial class. I went to get a newer vehicle, and the finance guy told me I shouldn’t have an issue getting a loan for 6-9%. My score was 665 when he pulled it. I have the finance guy the letter from the trustee, pay stub, 2018 taxes. So my question is has anyone been in this situation before? Did you end up getting a loan for a reasonable rate? I’m looking to finance around 20k. Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.