cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAPITAL ONE LOAN "BLANK CHECK" DENIED WITH GOOD FICO SCORE?????

tag
Flying_High
Regular Contributor

CAPITAL ONE LOAN "BLANK CHECK" DENIED WITH GOOD FICO SCORE?????

I APPLIED FOR A CAPITAL ONE CAR LOAN "BLANK CHECK" ONLINE LAST NIGHT AND WAS DENIED AND I HAVE NO CLUE WHY MY FICO CREDIT SCORE IS

TU 741, EQ 692 AND MY EX SCORE IS 738 FROM EXPERIAN.COM AND I HAVE BEEN READING SOME OF YOU GUYS WHO APPLIED FOR CAPITAL ONE LOAN WITH LOWER SCORE THEN ME AND GOT APROVED, YES I DO HAVE 7 INQUIRY'S SO IM GUESSING THATS THE REASON WHY I WAS DENIED, BUT I DO HAVE CAPITAL ONE CREDIT CARD I PAY EVERY MONTH ON TIME NO MISSED PAYMENT AND ONLY BEEN WITH THEM FOR 6 MONTHS I HAVE NOTHING ELSE OPEN JUST THE 1 CC..SO WHY IN 2 MIN MY APPLICATION WAS DENIED??

As of 9/13"
Starting Score: 600
Goal Score: 740
Garden till 10/14"
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Cellice
Regular Contributor

Re: CAPITAL ONE LOAN "BLANK CHECK" DENIED WITH GOOD FICO SCORE?????

Do you have previous auto loan experience? Any negatives on your report especislly related to car loans?

I would recommend you contact them for a recon. It might be dur to high DTI, but they will be the best ones to tell you. Ive gotten denied by them and then got approved for tier 0 with bmw.... Made no sense

Message 2 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I APPLIED FOR A CAPITAL ONE CAR LOAN "BLANK CHECK" ONLINE LAST NIGHT AND WAS DENIED AND I HAVE NO CLUE WHY MY FICO CREDIT SCORE IS

TU 741, EQ 692 AND MY EX SCORE IS 738 FROM EXPERIAN.COM AND I HAVE BEEN READING SOME OF YOU GUYS WHO APPLIED FOR CAPITAL ONE LOAN WITH LOWER SCORE THEN ME AND GOT APROVED, YES I DO HAVE 7 INQUIRY'S SO IM GUESSING THATS THE REASON WHY I WAS DENIED, BUT I DO HAVE CAPITAL ONE CREDIT CARD I PAY EVERY MONTH ON TIME NO MISSED PAYMENT AND ONLY BEEN WITH THEM FOR 6 MONTHS I HAVE NOTHING ELSE OPEN JUST THE 1 CC..SO WHY IN 2 MIN MY APPLICATION WAS DENIED??

Your credit is to good for them! LOL

Sorry that doesn't help you but that is crazy! I just got approved about 2 months ago with them. Didn't use but was approved.

Message 3 of 11
Flying_High
Regular Contributor

IN THE PAST I DID HAVE 2 CAR REPOS AT THAT TIME *MONEY* JOB WAS BAD, BUT THAT WAS LIKE 16 YRS AGO THEN I MOVED TO NC TO START OVER I HAVE 2 CARS REPOS THAT IN NC THAT WAS 9 OR 10 YRS AGO BUT EVER SINCE THEN I BEEN BUYING MY CARS AND NOT HAVE ANY THING ON MY CREDIT TILL LAST YEAR NOV 11" I WENT TO GET A CREDIT  CARD AND DENIED ME THE TRANSUION.COM COULDNT PULL ANY INFO ON MY CREDIT ITS BEEN YRS SINCE I HAD ANYTHING ON MY CREDIT UNTILL I GOT A CAPITAL ONE REBUILT CC IN FEB 12" AND THEN THATS WHEN MY CREDIT STARTING TO SHOW IN GOOD COND I BEEN PAYING THAT ON TIME THEN LAST NIGHT THATS WHEN I DID THE CAPITAL ONE LOAN...

As of 9/13"
Garden till 10/14"
Message 4 of 11
Flying_High
Regular Contributor

AND THE CARS DOES NOT SHOW ANYWHERE ON MY CREDIT JUST THE RECENT INQUIRIES

As of 9/13"
Garden till 10/14"
Message 5 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Anyway you can stop CAPPING the whole thing, harder to read for me at least.

Are you saying the ONLY thing on your credit report is a Capital One Card opened in Feb. this year?

What's the limit?

Have you purchased a Fico report from here for TU or EQ?  I have a feeling those scores you have especially that EX are worthless when it comes to what lenders are actually pulling and using and then if all auto credit good or bad is long gone off reports then it makes a bit more sense to not get approved with so little positive credit reporting over the years.

Message 6 of 11
Flying_High
Regular Contributor

IM TRYING TO REBUILTD MY CREDIT SINCE ITS IN GOOD STANDERS NOW IN THE NEXT 5YRS I SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLUME GETTING LOW RATES FOR THE NEW HOME BUT TO DO THAT I NEED TO ADD 1 MORE THING ON MY CREDIT SINCE I ONLY HAVE THE 1 CC CREDIT CARD...I JUST DONT KN WHAT TO DO I NEED TO FINANCE A CAR + IT WILL HELP MY CREDIT, WHO KN'S MAYBE IM BETTER OFF GOING TO THE DEALER WITH SOME MONEY DOWN OR TRY CREDIT UNION AND SEE IF THEY ARE WILLING TO WORK WITH ME

As of 9/13"
Garden till 10/14"
Message 7 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

IM TRYING TO REBUILTD MY CREDIT SINCE ITS IN GOOD STANDERS NOW IN THE NEXT 5YRS I SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLUME GETTING LOW RATES FOR THE NEW HOME BUT TO DO THAT I NEED TO ADD 1 MORE THING ON MY CREDIT SINCE I ONLY HAVE THE 1 CC CREDIT CARD...I JUST DONT KN WHAT TO DO I NEED TO FINANCE A CAR + IT WILL HELP MY CREDIT, WHO KN'S MAYBE IM BETTER OFF GOING TO THE DEALER WITH SOME MONEY DOWN OR TRY CREDIT UNION AND SEE IF THEY ARE WILLING TO WORK WITH ME

So again, This Capital One Credit Card is the ONLY thing on your credit?

You have no BAD info reporting?

What kind of car do you want to buy?

Message 8 of 11
Flying_High
Regular Contributor

Sorry so use to useing Cap, yes capital one is the only thing on my credit, credit limit is $200 lol better then nothing, in very good standers no bad report, yes i purchased the Fico report from here for TU 741 EQ 692 the EX score i was only able to pull throw Experian.com, yes all my bad car reports are no longer on report since its been about 10years, well CapOne with blank check im going for 2009 dodge ram laramie from one of their dealers D&E

As of 9/13"
Garden till 10/14"
Message 9 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Go open a new savings or something with your local CU and talk to them about the auto loan.

Additionally you need MORE Credit!

Im thinking American Express Zync

Citi Forward

Maybe that same CU for auto you get a Credit Card with

Store Card like Macy's or maybe Chevron if in your area would be useful in future above just opening because you might get approved.

3 Credit Cards Min. is usually best. (in my opinion, maybe 2 credit cards and a auto loan... but I prefer 2 credit cards and a store card or something, either auto or personal loan even if secured by your own money for the personal loan to build history and higher credit lines.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.