Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAR LOAN ?

tag
Gerald56
New Contributor

CAR LOAN ?

HI,

we are waiting til the 9 month anniversay until we go for a car loan in hopes to get our scores up.

are there any finance companies online we can look into that will not hit us with some crazy interest rate?

road loans is santander and i would rather walk than take another loan from them.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: CAR LOAN ?

Wells Fargo Dealer Services did us great.  Got 12.99 just five days post BK with a 586 score...

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 2 of 6
Remember0
Valued Contributor

It all depends on your credit. Where's your FICO and DTI right now? Also any prior auto loan baddies?

Some banks off the top of my head:

Cap One

PenFed

DCU

BoA (not sure if online)

PNC (not sure if online)

Wells (not sure if online)

*And by not sure if online, I mean I don't know if they do online approvals. Obviously they have websites and you should be able to apply online.

Really though, this is meaningless without context.

Message 3 of 6
Gerald56
New Contributor

one of the bizarre things about our BK is that we returned our car to santander before the discharge... as soon as discharge kicked in all signs of santander disappeared from mine and my wifes credit reports.  not sure if loan companies can see that we returned car to santader or not... wife and i are both sitting around 650 and now have 2 months of credit cards payed on time.. seems everytime i look at our scires they are going up.

Message 4 of 6
Gerald56
New Contributor

Wells Fargo Dealer Services

can we apply online or do we have to go to dealer???

Message 5 of 6
GBguy
New Contributor

do not go to Wells Fargo Dealer Services they stuck me for 18 percent before my bankruptcy. I suggest you go to a local credit union open up an account wait a couple months then ask them to finance your auto loan. I am only 5 months discharged and was hesitant to go to my credit union and ask them to finance for me, but man am I ever glad that I did. They basically looked at me and said how much do you need and the interest rate was only 3.99. MYFICO.COM claims that my TransUnion score is only 635 but my credit union told me that it was 699. all in all it doesn't hurt to ask your local credit union
Chapter 7 Discharge 9/2013
FICO scores as of 1.27.14
Eq- 574
Ex- 629
Tu- 612
Cap 1 Secured ($49 Dep - 200 Limit) Reporting since Nov 2013
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.