Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I Afford A 2008 Honda Accord?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I Afford A 2008 Honda Accord?

Thanks Pj!   The salesman I worked with was pretty good. The F & I director and I didn't exactly see eye to eye. LOL I believe any car purchase is really a matter of what you are willing to spend and once you get that figure in your mind don't back down when you get in the F & I directors office, be prepared to walk out! 
Message 21 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks Pj! The salesman I worked with was pretty good. The F & I director and I didn't exactly see eye to eye. LOL I believe any car purchase is really a matter of what you are willing to spend and once you get that figure in your mind don't back down when you get in the F & I directors office, be prepared to walk out!

I double that!! Smiley Happy
Message 22 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

The other debt, like you said would be paid off, I think you can afford it. But is it really worth it when you could throw that money at all your debt/? Suze says dont finance for more than 3 years,  I personally think thats about true.
Message 23 of 80
Ashley1980
New Contributor

Wow... Thanks everyone for all your help.  I'm gonna try this negotiating and give them a firm price.  After all, they can't make me sign the dotted line.

I have actually heard about the Lumberton Honda dealership through a friend that lives down there and they always approve him for a car and he gets awesome deals.  I will have to check them out.

As far as throwing all this money into debt, I can understand what you and Suze are saying, but I work hard for my money and I would like to get something I want, nonetheless need.  In addition, halfway through my financing period, I'll be graduating with a degree in accounting, so I'll get a major pay increase at my job.  I do appreciate your concern, very much so.

Thanks ALL!!
Message 24 of 80
Ashley1980
New Contributor

Another question...How should I negotiate my trade in amount?  According to Edmunds.com, its trade in value is $1605.00.  With that being said, I assume this isn't too negotiable?  Any advice?
Message 25 of 80
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Ashley1980 wrote:
Another question...How should I negotiate my trade in amount?  According to Edmunds.com, its trade in value is $1605.00.  With that being said, I assume this isn't too negotiable?  Any advice?

What type of trade in do you have? Reason i ask is because you may want to see what carmax would offer for you trade! When i was buying my vehicle on Monday, the dealer was only going to give my 1500 and then i told them that Carmax was going to give me 1700, so they ended up matching it!

And yes  Sanford is in NC, its just past Asheboro. Like everyone said negotiation is the key! I dont know how far you are willing to travel but consider it, you can find great deals outside the state you live in. I traveled to GA to get my Pathfinder! Good Luck!
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 26 of 80
Ashley1980
New Contributor

I have a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee with approximately 154,000 miles.  What vehicle did you have?

I'm 30 minutes from Sanford and about 1.5hrs from Lumberton.  I'm willing to drive.  Isn't there an issue with taxes when buying out of the state of residence?
Message 27 of 80
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Ashley1980 wrote:
I have a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee with approximately 154,000 miles.  What vehicle did you have?

I'm 30 minutes from Sanford and about 1.5hrs from Lumberton.  I'm willing to drive.  Isn't there an issue with taxes when buying out of the state of residence?

Their wasnt any issues with me, although i bought from a used car dealer! I had a 02 Mercury Mountaineer with 158k miles. I had already put 2k in repair and i felt that it was going to mess up again! So you are in NC? If so where?
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 28 of 80
Ashley1980
New Contributor

Ah, ok.  That's the issue with mine.  I foresee problems and need to get myself positioned to make a purchase.  I live in Cary, a suburb of Raleigh.
Message 29 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ashley- I would rocommend checking out local dealers first, keeping in mind that if they don't work with you, you can always drive further and get a much better deal....just for for thought....

Also, check out carmax re: appriasal for your trade-in before you go anywhere else...good to have a real starting number along with your online estimate before you shop....
Message 30 of 80
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.