cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get a car loan with a 615 Fico score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I get a car loan with a 615 Fico score?

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if its possible to get a car loan with a 615 Fico score and how hard is it to find? (I won't go into how my score got to this point, its a long and a headache of a story). I'm planning on getting a used 06 Mercedes Benz SLK as a present for my wife and I'm planning on putting $10K down. car cost about $25K-$27K, so I'm putting more than 1/3 down, so will that help? I know the interest rate will be horrid but thats the least of my worries right now as I'm planning on paying it off asap anyways since I make $90K a year but since I just started my job 3 months ago as a physical therapist and used most of the money I earned so far to pay for my tuition loan, I can't really paid the entire 28K outright which is why I need a loan. I can prove that I can easily make the monthly payments as well. I know lately credit is extremely tight and I heard even people with 700 scores are getting turned down. So the score is what worries me. Please give me an insight on this. Thanks!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Can I get a car loan with a 615 Fico score?

Welcome to the forum.  I would get a copy of your CR and takr it to a local CU and see if they would finance you based on whats in your report.  They may not tell you but it wont cost you an INQ.

There are many smart people here in the forum who could help you to raise your score, so post info on the negative stuff on your CR aso they can help.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I get a car loan with a 615 Fico score?

I think you will be approved.  Putting $10K down is very good, but it will depend on how much debt you have.

I don't know if your CU will approve you, but chances are better with 10K down.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.