Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I qualify to get zero percent or lower APR with Nissan or Toyota

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I qualify to get zero percent or lower APR with Nissan or Toyota

Till Today I was thinking that my credit score is more than 660. I used to check my credit report at trucredit.com, there it show my Transunion score 664 Experian 662 and Equifax 653. I have around three year old credit histor, I have never ever taken any loan at all, I had five credit card out of that One is closed. There is not a single late payment in last two years. Yes my revolving credit is high, I have used around 80% of my total credit limit.

I was shocked to know today when i applied for auto loan at Toyota Santa monica LA that my credit score is TUC= 601, XPN=604 and EFX=648.  I tried to googled about auto loan and came to know that there is something called FICO Auto Industry Option score, and this may be different than my normal FICO score. Does the Truecredit.com gives wrong number? does any one know Do they really give FICO score or some garbage score?

Now I am thinking should I even think that i will get zero percent APR?? I talked to Nissan and Toyota, Nisan says they need Trans Union 650 and Toyota said they Need Experian 650 for zero percent APR.  Can they consider the score I pull every month from Truecredit.com??

Please Help

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
keikdasneak
Regular Contributor

Re: Can I qualify to get zero percent or lower APR with Nissan or Toyota

Sorry to say this but, ummm there is a search button at the top right hand corner, use it....

MyFICO.com is the only site that will give you, your true fico scores from EQ and TU. You can no longer check your EX online anymore...

Car dealerships use a different type of scoring... Google and Search button are your friends... Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Till Today I was thinking that my credit score is more than 660. I used to check my credit report at trucredit.com, there it show my Transunion score 664 Experian 662 and Equifax 653. I have around three year old credit histor, I have never ever taken any loan at all, I had five credit card out of that One is closed. There is not a single late payment in last two years. Yes my revolving credit is high, I have used around 80% of my total credit limit.

I was shocked to know today when i applied for auto loan at Toyota Santa monica LA that my credit score is TUC= 601, XPN=604 and EFX=648.  I tried to googled about auto loan and came to know that there is something called FICO Auto Industry Option score, and this may be different than my normal FICO score. Does the Truecredit.com gives wrong number? does any one know Do they really give FICO score or some garbage score?

Now I am thinking should I even think that i will get zero percent APR?? I talked to Nissan and Toyota, Nisan says they need Trans Union 650 and Toyota said they Need Experian 650 for zero percent APR.  Can they consider the score I pull every month from Truecredit.com??

Please Help

Hello and welcome to myFICO.

Unfortunately the "credit scores" you get at Truecredit are not FICO scores as you have found out. The scores the lender pulled are accurate although they might have pulled what is called a FICO Auto Enhanced Score that is weighted more towards past payment history of car loans.

It sounds though that you will need to bring your scores up a little to qualify for that 0% financing.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 3 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@keikdasneak wrote:

Sorry to say this but, ummm there is a search button at the top right hand corner, use it....

MyFICO.com is the only site that will give you, your true fico scores from EQ and TU. You can no longer check your EX online anymore...

Car dealerships use a different type of scoring... Google and Search button are your friends... Smiley Happy

That's not totally accurate. You can also purchase your Transunion score at www.transunioncs.com. At www.equifax.com EQ will still sell you an EQ FICO score but they make it very hard to find.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 4 of 5
mross1080
Established Contributor

If your at 80% Util right now you might try to pay it down to under 9 % is your able to. That might give you the score boost needed to get approved for the special offers like 0 %. Youd just have to let the cards report the low balances.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.