Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can / Should I avoid repo?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can / Should I avoid repo?

@Anonymous wrote:

One loan was actually via the vendor's credit card. So they use Capital One. The other was through a bank. So the bank approved X amount and then the rest was put through their own Credit line (Yamaha)

It wouldn't make sense for there to be two loans on one vehicle.  More than likely it Sounds like they used the credit card for a down payment and the lien is with the bank.  If that's the case the lien holder is the only one that's going to care about a repo.  The credit card company will want their money either way.

Message 11 of 17
NiNoMArksLA
Contributor

Yes you can hide it and not give it up it's a civil matter there's notting they can do even if a police officer would come to your house the repo guy will just keep showing up to your house thats about it I know a lot about this cause my friend went to a dealer and got new car from dealer only made 2 payments intil plates came in and stop paying for it and still has it .. It messed up his credit but he didn't care he lost everything all ready so befor it really went back he got a nice car out of it .. The bank can NOT put a stolen report or Police . unless the Owner (You) Reports it stolen which you won't so your good It's All Civil matter
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NiNoMArksLA wrote:
Yes you can hide it and not give it up it's a civil matter there's notting they can do even if a police officer would come to your house the repo guy will just keep showing up to your house thats about it I know a lot about this cause my friend went to a dealer and got new car from dealer only made 2 payments intil plates came in and stop paying for it and still has it .. It messed up his credit but he didn't care he lost everything all ready so befor it really went back he got a nice car out of it .. The bank can NOT put a stolen report or Police . unless the Owner (You) Reports it stolen which you won't so your good It's All Civil matter

Thanks for your response. I don't see how hiding it and eventually getting away with it works. What state did this happen in? I am in Florida and there is a "writ to replevin" law here stating that the lender can get an order from the court to force me to give up the car. I suspect your friend may eventually run into issues with the law?...

Also, what happens when it's time for your friend to re-register his vehicle? I know you don't need a title to the vehicle to register it but can't the lender eventually claim ownership of the vehicle to prevent you from registering it again?

My goal is to catch back up but I can't start catching up for the next month or two. In the meantime, I would like to avoid a repo by hiding it without running into issues with the law. If I am going to get charged for something I don't own (repo), I want to make the effort to avoid a repo to have something to show for it.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NiNoMArksLA wrote:

Horrible advice and you really shouldn't provide 'legal' advice on a subject you know only from your friend.  It definitely is more than a civil matter in some states

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@NiNoMArksLA wrote:

Thanks for your response. I don't see how hiding it and eventually getting away with it works. What state did this happen in? I am in Florida and there is a "writ to replevin" law here stating that the lender can get an order from the court to force me to give up the car. I suspect your friend may eventually run into issues with the law?...

Also, what happens when it's time for your friend to re-register his vehicle? I know you don't need a title to the vehicle to register it but can't the lender eventually claim ownership of the vehicle to prevent you from registering it again?

My goal is to catch back up but I can't start catching up for the next month or two. In the meantime, I would like to avoid a repo by hiding it without running into issues with the law. If I am going to get charged for something I don't own (repo), I want to make the effort to avoid a repo to have something to show for it.

You really should ignore everything in that post. Do the right thing and either make the payments or return the vehicle before you get yourself in a lot of trouble.

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@NiNoMArksLA wrote:

You really should ignore everything in that post. Do the right thing and either make the payments, make area gents for payments, or return the vehicle before you get yourself in a lot of trouble.  Also you need to keep in mind that the finance company is not going to want only back payments but fees towards their attempts at repossession which are only going to escalalate because they don't just give up because you've hid the vehicle.  

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@NiNoMArksLA wrote:

You really should ignore everything in that post. Do the right thing and either make the payments or return the vehicle before you get yourself in a lot of trouble.

Indeed Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.