cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone please explain DCU Auto loans?

tag
lionsfan20
Regular Contributor

Can someone please explain DCU Auto loans?

Im a little unfamiliar with their process so anyone with experience , please help.

I recently applied and it says pending?...is that normal or would I have been instantly accepted.

Also , it asked for specific amounts on a car and new or used..at this point all I really know is that I need a new car so does that stuff really matter?

Lastly, because I dont have an exact car yet , is it like other places that they give you have a certain amount of time to use it?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
EddieK
Established Contributor

Re: Can someone please explain DCU Auto loans?

@lionsfan20 wrote:

Im a little unfamiliar with their process so anyone with experience , please help.

I recently applied and it says pending?...is that normal or would I have been instantly accepted.  Yes, that's normal.  If you want you can call them tomorrow and find out what the status is and what other documents they need from you.

Also , it asked for specific amounts on a car and new or used..at this point all I really know is that I need a new car so does that stuff really matter?  It matters, if you are approved, they are basing the approval amount on what you listed.

Lastly, because I dont have an exact car yet , is it like other places that they give you have a certain amount of time to use it?  The loan approval is good for 30 days.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Starting Scores:
1/19/14:

1/28/14:
2/12/14:
Current Scores:
7/10/19:
12/17/16:
9/05/17:
Message 2 of 3
bkelly906
Regular Contributor

Re: Can someone please explain DCU Auto loans?

@lionsfan20 wrote:

I recently applied and it says pending?...is that normal or would I have been instantly accepted.

Also , it asked for specific amounts on a car and new or used..at this point all I really know is that I need a new car so does that stuff really matter?

Lastly, because I dont have an exact car yet , is it like other places that they give you have a certain amount of time to use it?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

I'm interested in this also.  I will be purchasing in May and I am thinking of applying with DCU.  Would love to know what the process is once you are approved.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.