cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't believe it! Got 0% financing 4 months after BK7!!!

tag
onmyway2day
Established Member

Can't believe it! Got 0% financing 4 months after BK7!!!

Just have to keep pinching myself. This has been a very long journey for me to get to this point - years of shady dealers and being taken advantage of due to my horrible credit from a very bad divorce. I was finally able to afford an attorney to file BK7 and it was discharged in April this year. Thanks to everyone's help on the forum, I've been climbing my way back up. Here are the loan details:

New 2013 Chevy Traverse 2LT - leather, nav, dvd. Sticker price - $43,090. My loan amt - $38,430 (I get GMS pricing through my dad, plus $1900 equity from my trade, $2000 down, ttl). Monthly payment - $640 - that's 0% for 60 months. The dealer ran my EQ report and I had 643 FICO and 653 Auto FICO through EQ. The lender was WFDS and they ran EX. My EX FICO is 623. The dealer had told me that two lenders will do the 0% financing - Ally and WFDS. Ally denied me. WFDS approved me. The dealer said the minumum score to qualify for the 0% was 630 and they because I had a recent BK7, I would have to show that I had reestablished myself by having a new cc and auto loan. I did have a new cc that I opened in June and I did not include my current auto loan in the BK7 (reaffirmed it).

I purposely waited a week to share the news because I was worried that it would somehow fall through. But yesterday, the new Traverse loan showed up in my WFDS account online (my current auto loan was also with them) and gives all the loan details and I could make my first payment on it now if I wanted, so I hope that means it's official. The old loan is not showing as being paid off yet, but hopefully, that will show soon.

Wanted to share my story and tell everyone that good things do happen if you just keep moving forward and working diligently on improving. Thanks to all of you on this forum for all of your great advice!

Starting Score: 500
Current Score: 631
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Re: Can't believe it! Got 0% financing 4 months after BK7!!!

Wow! Congratulations, I know your post will give hope to some who are coming out of Chapter 7 bankruptcy. I'm somewhat surprised that the dealer was able to go all the way down to 630 for prime financing. I guess things are loosening up a little at last in the auto loans. Seems like not so long ago all we read was 720+ for prime deals.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 12
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Congrats on the approval and fantastic terms !

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 12
azguy13
Senior Contributor

That is excellent news! I love when banks recognize hard working people who had a rough patch and believe in them. WFDS has done that in the past, but you have gotten the best deal I have heard of. Congrats and have fun in your new vehicle!

Message 4 of 12
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

I still hate auto-loans, and buying new-new cars, but this is friggin' awesome!  WAY TO GO!

Congrats on your rebuild, and keep with it!  You'll be 700 in no time!

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 5 of 12
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

Mods, can we link a thread from the BK forum to here?  I'm sure there are a ton of people over there who would love to know this news, but that might not check this (Auto) forum every day?  I'd build a link-y post, but I'm not sure that doesn't violate the rules.

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 6 of 12
blunderer
Established Contributor

onmyway2day -  Congratulations!!!! 

Enjoy your new ride.

Message 7 of 12
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I'll post a link in the BK forum.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 8 of 12
ChistineNJ
Frequent Contributor

That is great! Im in a 2011 leased traverse, trying to find out how to get in anthor next year before this one is up in 3/2014....its not in my name i just make the payments. I dont want to ask someone else to finance for me...again...ally is the lein holder but i highly doubt they will approve me. Thanks for sharing
C1 Venture 15K| NFCU NAV CHECK 15K| CASH REWARDS 5K| CARE CREDIT 3K| NORDSTROMS 1K| LORD & TAYLOR 1100| WALMART 600| TargetRed 500|Rebuilders

CAP1 1650| CAP 1 1100| BARCLAYS 2500| NREWARDS 8500|
SCT: VS 1100| EXPRESS 1100| JCREW 250| *HIDDEN TL BML 650

SCORES 709, 657, 623
Pre BK scores: 569, 587, 553
Message 9 of 12
onmyway2day
Established Member

Thanks, everyone! And it's now official! Checked my old loan account last night and the balance is zero, so the dealer paid off the trade. It's a done deal! Yahoo!!

Starting Score: 500
Current Score: 631
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.