Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you consolidate Car loans?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you consolidate Car loans?

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if you can consolidate car loans? For example,  I have three loans right now:

1. Hubby car - 63 mo at 6.5%, Opened January 08  - 17k
  2. Daughter car - 36 mo at 6.5% opened January 08 - 3k (could technically pay off, but wanted her to know responsibility of car payment before she's off on her own - is titled/loan is in my name)
  3. (spoiled) Hubby Honda Goldwing Motorcyle - 60 mo. at 10.5%, opened December 2005 - owe 6k still

Is anyone aware of a lender that would consolidate these into one loan and therefore one payment? What about if it were combined with a NEW loan for a car for me?

I'm paying $315 on the hubby car, daughter paying $95 on hers, and $215 on the bike.  Would love to consolidate into one loan, possibly lower average rate. 

My scores are: TU and Exp: 665, EQ: 743

Thanks for any advice!

Sovi

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can you consolidate Car loans?

Anyone?  Smiley Happy 

Message 2 of 5
tunseeker1
Regular Contributor

because the loans are tied to an asset they usually won't loan more then the value of the car.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

tunseeker1 wrote:
because the loans are tied to an asset they usually won't loan more then the value of the car.

Darn....     And cars are depreciating assets.  Oh well.   

Sovi
Message 4 of 5
MattH
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@tunseeker1 wrote:

Darn.... And cars are depreciating assets. Oh well.
Sovi

Exactly, cars are depreciating assets. When you do have the loans paid off, try
a suggestion from the Car Guys on public radio. Open a new savings account. Each
month deposit into that account what you would pay if you got a new car. Soon you'll
have some reserves for repairs, and after a few years driving a clunker you'll have
enough to pay cash for a late-model used car!
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.