cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Approved then after review denied????

tag
Penskefile

Capital One Approved then after review denied????

I recently was "approved" for an auto loan through Cap1 for 30k at 7.77%. They requested that I send them the last 3 months bank statements to verify income. They went on to state that they would take the $$ of deposits divided by three to verify my income. After calling to verify they received the required info.They informed me that I was declined. I find this interesting/crazy especially considering my stated income on app was LOWER than the average of my 3 month bank statements. Anyone with any advice? This just happened yesterday, so I have not received the "ding letter" yet.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ronstar7
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Approved then after review denied????

I have Cap 1 too for my car loan, that does sound crazy! Have you called them and asked the reson for denial to try to get a recon? Try the EO I hear it wokrs for credit cards maybe you an find one for the auto loan portion. Worth a shot since Cap 1 pulls all 3 CR's.

Hope this helps!

Starting scores after BK (Filed 4/18/24) EQ 571 , TU , EX

Current Scores EQ 571 TU EX Goal 700+ across
UTL
Last Inq:
Message 2 of 6
Penskefile

Sorry for my ignorance ... What is "EO"
Message 3 of 6
CM1
Valued Member

E O is executive office

Message 4 of 6
ronstar7
Established Contributor

+1

Starting scores after BK (Filed 4/18/24) EQ 571 , TU , EX

Current Scores EQ 571 TU EX Goal 700+ across
UTL
Last Inq:
Message 5 of 6
Penskefile

Thanks for that!...I will try to find a number to call outside the general cap1 auto cust serv number I have.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.