Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Auto Navigator - denied

tag
dunn2500
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Auto Navigator - denied

there are so many credit unions you shouldnt have a problem getting a good rate.....

Message 11 of 19
cleansl8tvet
New Contributor

Hey,

I know that I saw that capital one has a 6 month application policy where you can only apply every 6 months and then have to wait before applying again. I have a strong feeling this could be there reason you were denied a second time. In fact I see people get approved for and use the capital one auto loan for one vehicle purchase where they get denied when applying for another loan. I think this is because of the same reason of it being too soon. To know for certain I would call capital one auto finance to find out an exact answer, but from what I have seen this seems to make sense of why people are getting denied after getting approved in a previous loan. I would either call capital one auto finance to find out or try again after 6 months and you'll find your answer! 

Message 12 of 19
cleansl8tvet
New Contributor

When my wife applied for her cap one credit card she was denied and when she called to find out why they told her it was becuase of her credit bureau freeze. They told her to call the bureau to get it resolved which she did and then when she applied again she ended up getting approved. All it takes is a little bit of follow up and work to get things to happen in a lot of the cases. I wouldn't give up yet. Hope all is well with your auto loan search. 

Message 13 of 19
cleansl8tvet
New Contributor

This is what we did and it worked when we had it unfrozen. 

Message 14 of 19
time2shine

Turns out, indeed, the denial was a result of frozen files. Word to the wise -- don't apply for Cap1 Auto Navigator with frozen files!

On the positive side, there was no consequence to our credit for the Cap1 app, and we wound up with a great financing package direct from Mini. Wife is now driving a beautiful Mini Convertible!

Message 15 of 19
cleansl8tvet
New Contributor

Awesome! I'm happy for you guys! 

Message 16 of 19
800goal800
Frequent Contributor

@4sallypat This just happened to me.    Last month $50k pre-approval at about 4-5%.  Offer expired. Today denied and then it asked me to go to a partner site called GLS ( sub-prime). 

I've gotten multi pre-approvals fro auto navigator - some better than others - but never a decline. Even financed with them once. 

Wonder  what has changed. 

Message 17 of 19
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

@800goal800 wrote:

@4sallypat This just happened to me.    Last month $50k pre-approval at about 4-5%.  Offer expired. Today denied and then it asked me to go to a partner site called GLS ( sub-prime). 

I've gotten multi pre-approvals fro auto navigator - some better than others - but never a decline. Even financed with them once. 

Wonder  what has changed. 

Yes, very strange indeed.

Glad to hear others had the same experience.

I ended up getting  a great deal at my local CU (2.2%)

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same thing just happened to me. Was approved a few weeks but that expired. Applied again and was denied even though my scores are much higher now. TU: 648; Auto 8: 661

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.