Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Auto Pre-qualification?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Auto Pre-qualification?

Just came home from the dealer. I got a 2015 at 1.99% for 72 months. Deler tried to steer me towards pricier vehicles, but I held firm. I am happy I had a good realtionship with Cap 1 because my scores are still on the low side. I ended up putting down $1,800 to keep payments low.

@6speed8 wrote:

I did the pre-qual on Thursday the 25th even though I'm not really ready to buy. I just wanted to see what they'd offer with my current numbers,etc. I haven't heard back yet. "You'll be contacted by phone or email within three business days". They did the same thing when I applied for my Quick Silver card because I have fraud alerts set. "Capital One Security" called me a couple of days later from a blocked phone number just to verify it was me applying. They didn't give a decision during that call. Told me I'd hear in 7-10 days. Nine days later, the card arrived. I got an immediate Experian message when I completed it though.

Message 31 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

What documents did capital one require you to send them? I did a prequal and got an offer for 35,650 with apr between 3-8.  It also say they don't need any documents from me.  Will they need pay stubs and such once I am at the dealer ready to do the deal?

Message 32 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What documents did capital one require you to send them? I did a prequal and got an offer for 35,650 with apr between 3-8.  It also say they don't need any documents from me.  Will they need pay stubs and such once I am at the dealer ready to do the deal?

most of the time pay stub is not asked, but YMMV

Message 33 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh.....I thought they would always want that.
Message 34 of 36
althes
Frequent Contributor

So capone definitely does a HP.

Message 35 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@althes wrote:

So capone definitely does a HP.

Cap1 will do a HP if you decide to use them but for pre-qualification/approval, it is a SP.

@Chriss999 wrote:

Oh.....I thought they would always want that.

I think it depends on the dealer.  Last year, I bought a 2015 Jeep Cherokee Limited and dealer wanted to see current paystub.  Last month, I bought a 2016 Ford Edge Sport and dealer only asked my annual salary--i.e. I did not have to provide any paystubs, bank statements, etc.

Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.