Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Get Pre Qualified with no impact to your credit score

tag
2b2rich
Established Contributor

Capital One Get Pre Qualified with no impact to your credit score

I just used this and completely floored at the ease of everything.

On the CapOne website under auto lending (link below), you can get prequalified for an auto loan and see your rate(s) before applying.

So in less than 10 minutes, I had about 7 offers with various rates and loan periods from 48 to 72 months.

I chose the one for me, read over the contract (rate is HALF what I'm paying now),  and a couple of clicks later,  they had done the hard pull, gave the final approval and contract e-signed.  

YMMV, but you can't loose with a pre approval and rates before the hard pull. 

https://www.capitalone.com/auto-financing/ 

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
11 REPLIES 11
mortimerwereback
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One Get Pre Qualified with no impact to your credit score

Congrats on the approval! Was the final hard pull a triple-pull like the credit cards?

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." -Robert F. Kennedy

Message 2 of 12
DSTMystique

Congrats and thanks for the link!

I am in the market for a new vehicle and I used the link and got pre-approved as well.  Now I am on the clock to find the right vehicle for me.

Message 3 of 12
2b2rich
Established Contributor

They did pull all three but it was after I had accepted their offer.  I suggest that it was the Experian report because that was the first notification and the only ssimilar score range that was on the disclosure they provided me. I didn't see the other two pulls until the next day or two.

Message 4 of 12
2b2rich
Established Contributor

Did you find anything you like?? 😄

Message 5 of 12
mortimerwereback
Regular Contributor

@2b2rich wrote:

They did pull all three but it was after I had accepted their offer.  I suggest that it was the Experian report because that was the first notification and the only ssimilar score range that was on the disclosure they provided me. I didn't see the other two pulls until the next day or two.

Thanks for the data point!

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." -Robert F. Kennedy

Message 6 of 12
DSTMystique

If this was for me...YES!  I am picking her up on Friday.  Again, thanks for the link.  It was so easy!

Message 7 of 12
FLLGuy
Frequent Contributor

@DSTMystique  -  do you mind if i ask to share any data points?  

What did you pickup?   what APR?   down payment? 

I've also been looking for a used car to give to my daughter but been disappointed with the results.  

Message 8 of 12
DSTMystique

@FLLGuy   Sorry for the delay...I'm not on the site that often.

I was pre-approved by Capital One for a $59,900 auto loan.  I got a 2014 Porsche Panamera for $41,000.  I did a $10,000 down payment and my APR is 6%.

Message 9 of 12
Gladius
Frequent Contributor

You used "pre-qualified" and "pre-approval" in the same post.  Which is it?  They both mean two different things.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.